Senior Operational Test Engineer
So what is required of a on a Senior Operational Tester’s day to day basis? There are quite a myriad of tasks and responsibilities, such as:
- Assists with the planning, execution and reporting of test and evaluationevents. Operational Test Engineers plan, conduct, lead and advise CBP (and sub-components) on operational test and evaluation methods, test designs, test sufficiency and data analysis.
- Operational Test Engineers support the generation of test and evaluation documents, to include Test and Evaluation Master Plans, Test Plans, Test Reports and briefing materials in support of a CBP test campaign, as well as providing review of Operational Requirements Documents, Concepts of Operation and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operational test engineers also counsel CBP on the development of test scenarios, methodologies to obtain in-field observations, statistical analysis of test results and presentation of test findings to operational and senior decision makers.
Is this job the next step in your career? Are you ready to help keep America’s border safe?
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- Must be a US citizen.
- US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) suitability clearance (or ability to obtain).
- Possess a current U.S. Secret clearance based on a current in-scope background investigation.
- BS or equivalent +5 years’ related experience, or MS +3 years’ experience as a test and evaluation engineer within the federal government or industry.
- Experienced facilitator, briefer, and presenter of analytical results (written or oral) to senior leadership (Military, DHS, Industry).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (2013).
- Experience as an operational test and evaluation engineer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Department of Defense (DoD).
- Experience working with or under the oversight of the DoD or DHS Director of Test and Evaluation (DOT&E).
- Certified (DAWIA or DHS) level II or above (T&E, SE or equivalent)
- Possess a current U.S. Top Secret clearance based on a current in-scope background investigation with SCI eligibility.
- Proficient with test and evaluation planning, execution and reporting processes
- Experience creating test and evaluation artifacts, to include: Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), test and analysis plans and test reports.
Requisition ID RQ915