Lead the Data Quality Analyst Team to build out the data quality practice at AIG. The position will work with business and technical teams in designing and deploying Data Quality solutions for the Commercial Insurance Business. The Sr Analyst will drive and consultant on data analysis, gaps, data profiling, control definitions and data quality reporting. In addition, the Sr Analyst will lead the on Data Sprint efforts for IT Deliverables and Activities. The candidate will be part of the Chief Data Officer Information Management organization responsible for developing Data Quality and Stewardship capabilities that will enable AIG to leverage data as an asset.
• Gather business requirements for building of the Data Quality Dashboard that will include the full set of functionality from exception identification to remediation. In addition, develop Job Aides, communications and training to the Data Community on the functionality.
• Maintain the DQ issues Tracking Inventory for Commercial and actively drive the remediation plans with the Business and Technical teams. Define, collect and publish KPIs aligned with the impact narratives, action items and monthly operational reviews.
• Perform Data Profiling and DQ assessment and promote the DQ assessment process.
• Develop and consultant on DQ standards and advanced data control sets on data at rest, in motion, and reconciliation & balancing.
• Define and articulate business data needs, gaps and impacts across all areas and proposal to address the opportunities or problems.
• Define DQ Visualizations with Business Collaboration and UX Designers.
• Data Quality Assessments and Root Cause Analysis
• Write Business Value Propositions and business outcomes
• Work with Business partners to recommend data control placements and control sets
• Work closely with Data Analyst, Business Architects and Data Governance to achieve DQ objectives
• Collaborate with the Data Delivery technology teams and architects to define and develop DQ solutions
• Lead/mentor/coach Business Data Analyst s in setting control definitions, threshold and remediation plans.
• Research and experiment with emerging Data Quality Profiling technologies and tools associated to data quality, metadata, data governance
• Hands-on role in defining and designing of controls and visualizations
• Data Sprint and Data SWOT
• Profiling Reporting
• Proficiencies with Agile development practices
• Experience with strong understanding of data management, data stewardship, metadata and Data Governance across multiple ecosystems delivering on enterprise level.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in translating business functional controls and technical requirements into specifications and design
• 4- 7 years’ experience Data Management and project coordination.
• Strong experience in articulating business outcomes with facts.
• Hands on Data profiling, data extraction, validations and remediation’s tools.
• Experience with Data Lake and data frameworks like Hadoop
• Designed DQ Visualization & Dashbaords and Data Steward UXs
• Facilitated design sessions and user experiences walk through
• Running Data Quality Assessments and reviewing results with Business and Tech teams and providing control recommendations.
• Strong knowledge of Financial Industry data requirements
• Experience in leading and DQ Team (Employee and Consultants)
• Strong knowledge in data management and DQ techniques.
• Data Analytic Tools background
• Knowledge of data structured, and relationships among data and domains
• Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt or Black Belt)
• PMI Certified
• Must be highly motivated, self-sufficient, perceptive, ambitious and flexible
• Cross Matrix Type Person
a. Educational requirements or equivalency –
• Accredited 4 Year Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business management or information systems – Nice to have MBA
• PMI and Agile Training
• Attended DQ, Data Conferences and Forums on a regular basis.
b. Suggested years and type of experience –
• 4-5 years of experience building and managing complex data quality business Solutions
• 3-5 years Business Analysis, Data Analysis and Project Management.
• 3- 5 years of insurance/finance background
• 3 plus years Consultant experiences