As a Network Virtualization Engineer - Associate, you will provide technical support to both staff and customers who are working to implement VMware NSX platform and related products.
• Respond to customer inquiries - via email and telephone.
• Own and drive the Customer Experience throughout the lifecycle of the Service Request to resolution.
• Resolve Technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
• Document all technical inquiries; develop and review content for knowledgebase.
• Be an advocate for network virtualization, educate GSS on the NSX platform
• Troubleshoot and engage with NSX Engineering on customer reported issues, including identifying viable workarounds.
• Networking: understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting and Address Management, firewalling and load balancers
• Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and system administration
• Good practical working ability with Linux/UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
• Recent college graduate with a B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Ability to travel20 per cent of the time.
Highly Preferred Skills
• Experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products
• Experience with Windows Server and Desktop Environments
• Experience with Storage Area and Ethernet based protocols
• Previous Enterprise Technical Support.
• CCNA equivalent certification and/or related work experience