Req ID 01MHMKey Business Accountabilities:Regional Commercial Manager (RCM) role responsible for the overall management of the business relationship with WestBred Seed Suppliers. The RCM role would be to build sustainable relationships between customers and Monsanto/WestBred Wheat organization. Individual would also be responsible for developing account plans that support the strategic priorities of Monsanto/WestBred Wheat and customer. Critical results would include maximizing WestBred market share penetration, delivering business results, implementation of key strategies and improving account relationships. The Regional Commercial Manager must be comfortable and proficient at interfacing with customer account leadership and networking into their organizations to identify additional key decision makers and influence areas of these strategic accounts. Geography:The geography will consist mainly of the southern portions of Oregon, the western ½ of New Mexico, and the states of Arizona, California and Nevada. Preferred location for this Regional Commercial Manager is the San Joaquin Valley region of California.Scope of the Job:
- Responsible for the overall management of Monsanto/WestBred Wheat business and financial relationship with seed accounts.
- Demonstrated excellence in sales, communication, business and negotiation skills.
- Builds sustainable relationships with customers, to insure excellent customer satisfaction.
- Drives key interactions between Monsanto/WestBred Wheat and customer executives to enhance company-to-company relationships.
- Assesses situations & opportunities and develops plans to meet customer and company needs.
- Provides leadership internally to advance Monsanto/WestBred Wheat and customer issues.
Core Business/Functional Skills Needed for Success in this role:
- Communication - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Focus - Identifies and satisfies the needs of external and internal customers. Continually searches for ways to provide value-added solutions for customers. Understands and anticipates customer needs. Ability to build sustainable relationships.
- Problem Solving and Decisiveness - Makes sound, timely decisions. Analyzes issues and leads the decision process. Operates effectively in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity. Ability to handle conflict productively.
- Results Orientation - Works with a sense of urgency and in an organized manner by setting priorities. Identifies and overcomes obstacles by taking necessary risks. Demonstrates a preference for taking action. Balances strategic actions with day-to-day activities. Helps others focus on the business impact of their efforts. Has a demonstrated record of results achievement.
- Negotiation Skills – Must be able to negotiate in a positive manner which allow for win-win outcomes.
- Analytical Skills – possesses financial acumen, ability to utilize computers and internal informational systems to deliver results.
- Portfolio Management- communicates short and long-term product needs by wheat class and market segment. Ensures successful product replacement strategies, including positioning of registered seed for product introductions. Facilitation and dissemination of supporting data to the marketplace via strip trials and pipeline product evaluation.
- Other – a candidate familiar with Monsanto/WestBred Wheat strategies, is desired. Candidates' possessing a proactive leadership orientation is critical.
- Bachelors’ Degreewith a minimum of 4years of work experience in an agronomic related field focused on sales, marketing and/or account management.
- Financial, time, and territory management proficiency.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced and changing environment that requires handling multiple priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to pass a background check, substance abuse test, and driving record background check (i.e., moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.).
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment.
- Able to travel25% of time.
- Experience working in the seed industry recommended.
- Knowledge of California wheat industry.
- Trait and seed knowledge and experience in general agronomics, pest management, and plant physiology desirable.
- A strong spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Desire for long term career advancement (i.e., Marketing, Product Management, Logistics, Training, Finance).
- Targeted time in role – 4+ years.
- Willingness to relocate.