Executive Vice President, Consumer Electronics
Job Location: Nashville, TN
Gibson Brands, Inc., the world’s premier manufacturer and marketer of consumer electronics, musical instruments and professional audio equipment, is seeking an Executive Vice President, Consumer Electronics. The Executive Vice President, Consumer Electronics will be located in the Nashville headquarters.
The new EVP CE will work closely with the company’s Chairman and CEO on the development and execution of the long term plans to profitability build Gibson Brands’ Consumer Electronics business and enhance shareholder value. Working closely with the Chairman and CEO, the EVP CE will have full responsibility for the P &L and the overall direction and management of all aspects of Gibson’s $1.4B Consumer electronics business. The EVP CE will be part of a newly recruited senior management team that will set the company up for continued growth and success.
The ideal candidate will need to be a very experienced, senior level executive with management experience in a company with multiple divisions, locations and International geographies. Candidates should have experience within consumer product organizations that rely heavily on sourcing, as opposed to the manufacture, of its primary products and be experienced managing broad based distribution and multiple geographies. Previous experience in a matrix organization is beneficial. Candidates must have an undergraduatedegree. An MBA is preferred. The candidate will need to be very effective in developing and motivating a high-performance management team.
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Lead the development, execution and be responsible for the long term strategic plan for Gibson Brands’ Consumer Electronics Division;
- Ensure that on an on-going basis, annual operating plans for the Consumer Electronics Division are developed and executed consistent with the long-term strategic direction and corporate policies, and that all financial, operating and volume targets are achieved;
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept fully informed of business results via regular reports which will include any recommended action necessary to return the Division to on plan performance;
- Identify the organization structure necessary to achieve the Consumer Electronics Division’s goals and oversee the recruitment, development and performance management of the Division’s senior management team. Ensure that the appropriate staff is in place and is trained, motivated and fully committed to the achievement of the Division’s objectives;
- Foster a success-oriented and accountable environment within the Division;
- Work closely with the Gibson Brands’ Global Head of Sales and the senior sales leadership team of the Division to strengthen the Consumer Electronics brand presence by attending key customer top-to-top sales calls and assisting in the development of strategic sales plans that will profitably grow and expand the business;
- In conjunction with the Global Head of Procurement and Logistics work closely to strengthen relations with key product sources and to strengthen operating margins by lowering overall product sourcing costs;
- Partner with the CMO to ensure the development and effective execution of strong marketing plans which will enhance the brand positioning of Gibson’s Consumer Electronics products in the marketplace;
- Work with HR and Finance to design incentive systems that motivate and reward individual and team productivity according to established goals and business success;
- Ensure that effective and efficient operating processes and reporting structures are in place to ensure budget compliance and timely financialreporting. Establish standards and measures (KPI’s) for performance and monitor productivity of the entire Division;
- Proven experience in key leadership roles with a track record of success at leading a distinct business unit that markets and distributes consumer-oriented products across global markets with multiple distributionchannels;
- A 15-20year proven track record of consistently delivering agreed upon annual business plans and financial objectives;
- Experience identifying, developing and executing an organization’s strategic vision and implementation road map;
- Experience working within a matrix organization with the demonstrated ability to influence and motivate cross-functional teams to deliver specific divisional goals and objectives;
- A successful track record identifying and executing new business development initiatives while ensuring that the Division has the appropriate marketing and sales resources, financial tools and operational processes to successfully execute profitable growth;
- A proven track record of attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals and developing these individuals into a committed, motivated and energized management team with the capability to embrace and execute the Division’s growth oriented business plans;
- Experience quickly establishing personal credibility and building strong, proactive relationships with a broad and technically knowledgeable range of internal and external partners, customers and suppliers;
- Proven expertise in communication, negotiation and motivation, with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at both the top levels of an organization as well as with customers and suppliers;
- The willingness and ability to work with Gibson Brands’ Chairman and CEO, Board of Directors and external advisors who will be extensively involved with the determination of the company’s long term strategic vision;
- Experience leading an entrepreneurial organization as it moves through a period of significant change as it becomes more structured and professionally managed but without losing its entrepreneurial spirit;
- Experience developing and fostering the commitment, attitude and ability of an organization to consistently measure, report and deliver high quality performance.
- A four-yearundergraduatedegree.
- A Master’s degree is preferred
Desired Leadership Qualities
- Accountability: Makes a personal and sincere commitment to goals and effectively deals with consequences of both success and failures. Possess the ability to develop stretch goals which are objective, easily understood and tied to high integrity metrics. Effectively communicates goals to their team and the broader organization. Inspires team to meet or exceed the stated goals and effectively deals with under performers and appropriately recognizes those who meet or exceed their goals.
- Responsibility: Possesses an attitude of ownership for not only their goals and functional area, but also the entire enterprise. Readily goes beyond what is necessary to succeed in their specific role and does whatever is necessary to move the entire business forward. Has a strong commitment to continuous improvement and readily takes the initiative to address challenges and capitalize on opportunities to move the business forward.
- Transparency: Embraces the concept of total openness of information and action. Effectively collaborates with all levels of the organization by engaging in effective dialogue within the business and with external stakeholders.