Our client is a global leader in software testing Saas. They are looking for a Major Account Manager to cover the Western US. This position is home office based with occasional travel.
The AM is responsible for converting a substantial number of enterprise opportunities into long term customers through a short and efficient sale cycle and by nurturing “C” level relationships. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for long term account management within the territory ensuring growth in all revenue streams.
The AM is expected to maximize the full business potential of an existing customer and to guarantee continuous recurring revenue. The AM is responsible and accountable to manage the entire customer relationship while engaging other departments.
The AM will assume responsibility for an account from the stage where the initial PO is received. The AM is responsible to collect all of the relevant information concerning the account from the sales and pre-sales person that closed the initial PO and will assure a smooth handover by phone with the account focal point.
The AM is measured on the income from the allocated existing customer portfolio and is expected to meet and exceed targets.
Customer Interface and tasks
• Act as primary and overall manager of all of the activities with the customer.
• Discover and map all of the relevant customer ERP systems and decision makers.
• Profile the customer IT strategies for maintenance, functional releases and testing.
• Promote and sell the entire appropriate portfolio to the different customer stake-holders.
• Keep the customer up to datewith all of products and functionality.
• Upsell and Cross-sell to the customer as soon as the customer has been transferred to the AM without delay – promote additional products that have not been purchased.
• Make sure that the customer is receiving the appropriate support and that the customer is adopting solutions maximizing usage of all of the modules.
• Drive the customer to adopt as a standard part of the IT process to ensure continued usage and renewal and making sure that budget is planned for future renewal.
• Create and maintain multiple relationships with the customer with key users, opinion makers and decision makers to ensure a solid coalition.
• Drive the customer to agree to be a reference and to create a case study.
• At least 3years of experience in direct sales to large enterprise customers, with proven, successful track record of generating revenue and closing business.
• 3+ years salesexperience in any software application related engagements
• Selling ERP or ALM/testing upgrade and testing automation software an advantage
• Hunter at heart
• Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
Advantage: Prior experience in multiple-opportunity management
• Skilled in opportunity identification, competitive analysis, market positioning, contract negotiation, process re-engineering and distributionchanneling.
• Able to demonstrate a pro-active, dynamic and focused approach to working with potential clients with the ability to close multi-year, high-value deals.
• Exposure to multi-cultural environments essential.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.