Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovativetechnology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment andinformation technology and services for intelligenttravel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications andnetworking and highly specialized support services for military andsecurity forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, wewant to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired bytechnology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Performs complex software engineering assignments. Provides project coordination. Builds tools and critical infrastructures that support the business’s site/software/application platforms. He/She is a key member of engineering department and aids in deploying shared infrastructure and traffic management services. He/She also supports the already existing software/applications. The Senior DevOps engineer will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
- Network and Unix Admin/Troubleshooting
- Participates in the design, development, planning modification and/or improvement of software systems in accordance with Cubic engineering procedures.
- Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions. Performs complex analysis of design programming.
- Works closely with otherengineering and technical teams in deploying their code, providing operational support for new and existing sites/software, and debugging production issues. Performs functions required for the deployment, configuration, support, and troubleshooting of issues with the business’s site/software.
- Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and advanced technology theory and knowledge.
- Uses a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Has a strong focus on business outcomes.
- Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents. Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedules and technical approaches.
- Prepares and develops software, codes software and design specific enhancements.
- Conducts in-House design reviews and technical meetings. Makes presentations before management and customers.
- Monitors project status and progress and measure system performance.
- Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline, plus a minimum of five years of related experience or a master’s degree with at least three years of related experience. Requires proficiency in Network and Unix administration. Ability to code and script. Strong grasp of automation tools. Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment. Experience with systems and IT operations. Strong troubleshooting skills. Experience in R&D development environment (non IT system admin) Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders. Hands-on technical experiencerequired and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement. Ability to make key decisions without much oversight inclusive of decisions on automation processes, tools, and resources for building sites/software as promptly and efficiently as possible. May require ability to develop software in a Unix, Windows Server 2003/2008/Vista/XP/Windows 7 and up, Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) or other PC environment. May require experience with embedded processing. Ability to use PC software such as Microsoft Word/Project/Visio, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Effective written and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable. Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines. May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.