Reporting to the Vice President for Information Technology & System Chief Information Officer, the Executive Director, IT Infrastructure Services will design and execute a strategic vision coupled to the IT strategic plan for the University's infrastructure services. Oversee activities relating to the engineering, design, development, implementation, testing and overall technical support to insure the IT infrastructure services environment meets the business needs of the University. These services including multi-platform hardware and operating systems, high performance computing, data center facilities, messaging, database administration, storage, and networking and telecommunications and represent both cloud based and on premise services. Develop, review, and oversee the execution of the objectives, policies, and procedures to ensure that the information systems and services provided are secure, cost effective and of the highest quality. Manage IT resource requirements to ensure appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands and asset's full life cycle value is achieved. Provide technical leadership to the University in the use of infrastructure services, network architecture & operation (both LAN & WAN) and telecommunications to improve the University's processes and data management. Provide technical leadership in designing, implementing and operating the supporting grid components and platforms of a high performance computing environment. Manage and maintain relationships with strategic vendor partners along with negotiating contracts and service agreements. Ensure that operational credibility is maintained at all levels within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, information security, business or related fields.
- In lieu of degree consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- At least ten years of experience in a technology environment with demonstrated progressive responsibilities.
- Experience managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders is required.
- At least five years of recent IT management experience.
- Networking and/or telecommunication experience.
- Advanced technical knowledge of server operating systems, storage area networks, and database management including in a high performance computing environment and related application areas such as email, messaging, and directory services.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and applications of University computing systems, server support, data networks, VoIP and telecommunication.
- General understanding of application programming and design, database design, networking components, security components, monitoring, computer operations and operating system maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of and competence to work at a high level of systems analysis, development and information management.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully organize and lead large complex technical projects.
- Ability to provide a technology vision, enable innovation and understanding of IT trends that can create business value.
- Must be able to delineate strategic business issues and their application in information technology and be able to gain trust and confidence of information technology providers and users.
- Ability to effectively guide, lead, and develop technical employees promoting team relationship skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Advanced degree.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.