The primary function includes but is not limited to: responsibility for the creation and execution of the strategic marketing plan for the brand(s) and product line(s). This individual will maintain profit/loss responsibility for the product line(s) and will orchestrate all activities associated with the successful go to market strategy. The director of marketing is responsible for driving business growth strategies and margin improvements, product offering and positioning, product roadmaps, channel development, and interface with sales, channels and customers. A comprehensive understanding of the roles that engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, finance, marketing managers, product managers and HR play in product line success is essential.
- Lead the strategic planning creation and execution
- Profit and loss responsibility for the brand(s) and product line(s) to meet revenue and margin objectives.
- Provide strategic marketing direction for new product development, upgrades and launches
- Develop marketing plans that contrast competitors’ channel or product weaknesses to meet growth objectives.
- Collaboration and synergies with otherproduct lines to create marketing solutions for specific industries/segments
- Ensure an innovation pipeline is maintained and nurtured, with resulting gains in intellectual property filings.
- Develop and implement product roadmap to support business unit strategic plans
- Recruit, manage, and effectively coach the product management team
- Maintain relationship with key customers and saleschannels
- Negotiate long term contracts with customers
- Be a voice of the customer and setting appropriate expectations with the division and sales
- Understand market trends and future segment growth
- Work in conjunction with engineering on new product development and existing product upgrades
- Work closely with channel, major accounts, global product line teams, and segment managers and ensure expertise on the way to bring the product line to market
- Regularly measure and communicate performance metrics throughout the organization. communicate and present results to Senior Leadership
- Develop, deploy and execute pricing strategy to meet revenue, share and profitability targets
- Work with Sales Operations to ensure that the Pricing, Project Management, Account Management and Technical support Teams have the relevant information about the Product Line, its programs and strategies
- Serve as the Product Line spokesperson in key customer interactions
- Develop order and revenue forecasts for the Product Line’s Channel and Customers
- Drive growth and the effectiveness of Eaton’s selling organizations by developing, releasing, and communicating compelling sales tools and value propositions.
- Define, prioritize and execute product promotion activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience managing direct reports.
- Minimum 8years of experience in technical marketing, sales, strategic planning, R&D or product line management.
- Experience in working with engineering, operations, finance, and sales functions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations or other business function from an accredited institution.
- Experience in lighting industry, or an experienced lighting designer
8years’ experience in market analysis, marketing communications programs, product launches, and budget management.
- 8years’ experience in providing sales/ field support and performing customer/ industry presentations.
- Experience with managing P&L.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at a variety of different organizational levels.
- Extraordinary PC and marketing skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Eaton marketing competencies.
- Must understand the concepts of price realization and value based pricing / selling.
- Must be highly analytical, critical thinker and comfortable in dealing with ambiguity.
- Must be comfortable working with a matrix organization to drive collaboration and decision making
- Demonstrated experience in developing business strategy, planning, and budgeting, analytical skills.
Requisition ID: 037210