Electrical Engineer / Test Engineer
Description of duties and responsibilities:
This position reports to the Manager of Test Engineering in the Cranberry Plant. Primary responsibilities include Test System support for the Manufacturing Departments, developing new Test Systems to support capacity increases, continuous improvement efforts, and New Product Development.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investigate, evaluate, and resolve production issues stemming from manual or automated PC-based test equipment, both from a hardware and software perspective.
- Participate on cross-functional continuous improvement and NPD teams to identify test system needs, drive product designs for test, and coordinate build and production launch of new systems.
- Write and submit project justifications to acquire necessary capital funding to support and run these projects.
- Identify and procure components, including PCBAs, to support proactive and reactive tasks relative to production Test Systems.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Familiarity with ATE systems and instrumentation control.
- Ability to review schematics, procedures, and specifications to quickly troubleshoot.
- Interpret engineering specifications, agency requirements, and industry standards.
- Develop and execute test plans to verify production equipment prior to release.
- Awareness of measurement system evaluations using statistical analysis, tools, and software such as Minitab.
- Knowledge of analog and digitalcircuit board design and layout.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency when responding to customer support requests.
- Excellent communication and ability to provide concise regular technical updates to production operators, technicians, engineers, and managers.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a factory environment.
- LabVIEW visual programming language.
- TestStand Programming
- C# and C programming language
- Visual Basic programming language
- Teradyne Spectrum programming
- In Circuit Test (ICT) fixture development process
- Soldering in a RoHS compliant environment.
- Experience with a variety of gas delivery systems including cylinders, flow regulators, mass flow controllers, hoods, and environmental chambers.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Electro-Mechanical Engineering or relevant Engineeringdegree from an ABET-accredited institution required.
- This position is available at two different career levels depending on experience, education, etc.
o Level III: 3 years relevant experiencerequired. MSdegree may be substituted for up to 2 years of relevant experience. PhD may be substituted for up to 4 years of equivalent experience.
o Level Senior: 5 years relevant experiencerequired. MSdegree may be substituted for up to 2 years of relevant experience. PhD may be substituted for up to 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree or PE
Requisition ID 2017-1871