Supports, designs and implements enterprise infrastructuretechnology solutions aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements. Under general supervision, will work in close collaboration with team members, end users, and other IS departments to meet the company's goals.
This position will be expected to administer existing systems such as Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10, Microsoft Office 2007/2013, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, Citrix NetScaler, Citrix XenApp, Flexera Admin Studio, Flexera Corporate Software Inspector, and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator. Provide daily troubleshooting support associated with these and other desktop related systems and applications. Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining SQL reports as required by the business.
- As an individual contributor or as a lead of small efforts, provides operational support for assigned infrastructure disciplines and business users. This includes the use of Valero's system to track support activities.
- Ensures Microsoft and non-Microsoft updates and patches are kept current on desktop related systems.
- Develops cross-functional relationships with business users, IS departments and Valero business partners.
- Documents knowledge acquired and technical specifications into a knowledge management system. This includes adhering to established documenting standards.
- Coordinates with customers to define and satisfy application package requirements.
- Develops, tests, and deploys packaged applications to end-user systems.
- Daily monitors and reconciles incident tickets assigned to desktop operation’s queue.
- Maintains the acceptable goals for desktop operation’s scorecard.
- Learns and follows the various IT methodologies which include project management, development, service management and system architecture.
- Includes, but is not limited to: trouble-shooting, problem-solving, issue resolution, user interaction, training, defining systems scope, gathering requirements, documenting design specifications, research and fact-finding, configuration, testing, reporting, cutover, IS and business user coordination.
- May be required to work off-hours and on weekends for projects and/or support.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant information services experiencerequired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and troubleshooting issues with installed applications, both Microsoft and non-Microsoft required.
- Refinery industry or related business/IT experiencepreferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Microsoft Office, Microsoft server operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, Microsoft AppV, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Citrix NetScaler, Citrix XenApp, Flexera Admin Studio, Flexera Corporate Software Inspector, and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (EPO) preferred.
- Experience creating application packages for installation preferred.
- General scriptingexperience such as batch, Visual Basic, PowerShell, and Wise Script preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.4 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm. More than 7,500 outlets carry the Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock and Beacon brands in the United States and the Caribbean; Ultramar in Canada; and Texaco in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Through subsidiaries, Valero owns the general partner of Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero is a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location:US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting Oct 24, 2017, 12:52:39 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing