Principal Nuclear Engineering Analyst - NDE ECT
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
At NextEra Energy we have a passion for taking your career to the next level. Our talented employees are our biggest asset to continued success. If you are interested in joining an engineering team for an industry leading Nuclear fleet, look no further. We are currently looking for a Principal Engineering Analyst, based out of our Jupiter West corporate location. In this role, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Eddy current (ECT) Level III lead technical roll for the Fleet.
- Prepare, Revise, and Review internal NDE procedures. Review/Approve vendor procedures
- Emergent NDE response fleet support.
- NextEra Energy Fleet ECT rep with industry organizations.
- Maintenance of written and practical exam database used to certify lower level ECT personnel.
- Review periodic evaluations for fleet ECT personnel.
- Provide lead for regulatory and other industry interfaces (e.g., NRC, NEI, INPO) and develop self-assessments in preparation for inspections
- Support outage readiness assessments.
- Support outage implementation of the Engineering Programs requiring ECT.
- Review and acceptance of ECT data
- Perform contingency planning for inspection activities
The ideal candidate will have:
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
• Associate's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent military training/experience; Bachelor's preferred
• Minimum of fifteen (15+) years of Engineering or related technical experience in assigned area; ten (10) of which must be in the nuclear industry
• Completed training in area of expertise through approved industry groups such as EPRI, NACE, ASME, etc.
• Comprehension of engineeringtechnology principles and theory as they relate to EngineeringTechnology and to power plant systems, components and structures
Start your future now, apply today!
This job plans, develops and executes activities regarding engineering projects of unique and multi-faceted complexity. Employees in this role use nuclear engineering expertise to communicate recommendations concerning major company and high-impact programs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Serves as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization
• Acts independently regarding technical matters pertaining to area of expertise
• Evaluates, monitors and conducts trend analyses on the performance of assigned nuclear systems
• Troubleshoots systems, performs predictive and root cause analysis, and initiates corrective action
• Conducts and reviews systems surveillance
• Design, perform and verify analysis of preventive maintenance programs of assigned systems
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Associate's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:15+ years
• Project / team leadership
• Analytical Problem Solving
• Quality Tools and Techniques
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• Planning and Scheduling
• Power Plant Design - Nuclear
• Plant Specs and Design Eval and Analysis
Requisition ID: 11846