Application / Systems Manager - Aggregates
The Manager of Applications & Systems is responsible for providing expert advice and guidance on the proper application of Metso crushing and screening equipment and supervision of the Application & Systems Engineers. Supporting thesales activities of internal Metso salessupport team members as well as our external distributor sales team members. The goal of this position and the team, often working directly with aggregate producers and engineering partners, is to provide the best possible solution for our end customers.
METSO GRADE 11
- Day to day supervision of the Application & Systems Engineers - Aggregates in the USA & Canada
- As a member of the MA distribution management team, participate in the development and implementation of defined sales and market share growth strategies for the market area.
- Assist the Directors and DMs in assessing and developing sales opportunities with their assigned distributors and insure prescribed and agreed activity plans are properly executed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of MSE & MCA market area key account programs and relationship building activities
- Establish performance targets and perform development reviews for assigned team members.
- Perform monthly and quarterly reviews of team member’s activities to insure annual targets are achieved.
- Provide technical and application support, guidance and advice as required both internally and externally for potential new installations and to optimize existing installations.
- Analyzes crushing circuits to make qualified recommendations for new machinery and equipment selections, new or changing applications, circuit creation and/or circuit improvements.
- Reviews and approves distributor’s Application Data Forms (ADFs) for Metso equipment
- Periodically participates in plant audits with distributor and key account personnel
- Assists the Distribution Managers (DMs) and Metso Training Department as a trainer/instructor in proper application techniques and provides guidance for internal and external training materials including our interactive web-based training modules.
- Analyzes end customer’s production requirements and assists in the development of plant flow simulations and layouts
- Collects and analyzes field data for existing machines, new product launches, prototypes and provides resulting data to the business lines as required
- Provides special attention and guidance for production and performance warranty fulfillment and risks.
- Demonstrate cooperative team effort within the MA and BL distribution management team.
Insure travel and expense policies are followed and the related budgets are maintained.
- Position requires good customer relation skills, ability to work within a team environment, mechanical aptitude, creativity, innovation, and strategic thinking.
- Makes salessupport, technical problem solving or trouble-shooting site visits with Metso and distributor sales and support team members.
- Provide guidance for liner selection including but not limited to review and approval of application data forms (ADFs) and the related inventory requirements of crushing circuits
- Assists in the response and pricing process for complex equipment proposals (RFIs & RFQs) required by the distributor network from time to time
- Support the service support team in the timely response to problem resolutions and proactive failure prevention
- Makes product and services presentations to key accounts and distributor crushing specialists
- Participate with our distributors in regional trade shows and trade association meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by market area management from time to time
- Four (4) year applicable EngineeringDegree (minimum)
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive applicable industry, company, and product experience
- Additional pertinent post graduate credentials preferred
- An above average track record of professional accomplishments and reliability
- Expert knowledge of broad range of crushing and screening equipment and consumable products.
- Keen understanding of construction/aggregate applications, the industry, and customers
- Business development and relationship oriented
- Basic understanding of third party distribution processes
- Familiarity with various sales management processes
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills, a bias for action and detail-oriented behaviors are required.
- Strong computer skills are essential – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes
- A highly motivated, self-starting individual with the ability to plan, organize, work under stress, meet deadlines and work independently is required.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must be capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects at one time, organizing, prioritizing tasks and working to prescribed timelines.
- Need to have effective verbal communication and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces.
- Ability to travel frequently +/- 40% or more, occasionally on short notice.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to plan, organize, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Detail oriented and capable of effectively working on several projects at one time
- An action and performance oriented, analytical individual who will willingly engage problem solving opportunities.
- Customer service and customer satisfaction driven.
- Friendly, respectful environment
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development and enhancement of Metso’s industry leading solutions
- Opportunity to work in a global community
- Pride in working for an industry leader in mining, aggregates, recycling and oil and gas (one of the top employers in Finland!)
- Competitive healthcare options, 401K matching, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!