About Natus Medical:
Founded in 1989, Natus Medical Incorporated is a leading manufacturer of medical devices and software and a service provider for the Newborn Care, Neurology, Sleep, Hearing and Balance markets. Natus products are used in hospitals, clinics and laboratories worldwide. Our mission is to improve outcomes and patient care in target markets through innovative screening, diagnostic and treatment solutions.
The Design Quality Engineer is responsible for providing support to new product development teams for medical devices, including Design Input, Verification Testing, Risk Management and Design Transfer activities
In this job, you will:
- Provide quality engineering and reliability input to all new projects, including establishment of quality and reliability design constraints and design evaluation criteria
- Plan, coordinate, execute and lead design verification testing (DVT) against product requirement specifications
- Oversee the Risk Management program, including creating Risk Management Plans, coordinating risk analyses, participating in FMEA’s, and maintaining Risk Management Reports and Files
- Participate in design reviews to ensure customer and regulatory requirements have been properly translated into design inputs which are complete, unambiguous and do not conflict
- Write, review and/or approve product specifications, test protocol/reports, and manufacturing/inspection processes
- Develop understanding of current product to assist with product updates and maintenance releases
- Assist in the preparation of design documentation to ensure the Design History File is maintained
- Assist with creating Essential Requirements Checklists and Technical Files for EU submissions
- Create, implement and teach new quality systems as required
- BS degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent degree + experience
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in engineering related industry, of which 5 years should be in the medical device industry
- Direct experience with FDA QSR and ISO 13485 compliance
- Knowledge of development, validation and manufacture of medical devices
- Direct experience with electro-mechanical equipment required, including IEC 60601, EMC and UL requirements
Natus offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit package that starts on your 1st day, 401k match, an employee stock purchase plan, 9 paid holidays, generous paid time off plan (4 weeks to start) and tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually.
Natus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.