Required: Managerial experience, knowledge of maintenance in a heavy manufacturing facility, graphics & controls (PLC), Robots, Laser/Plasma Cutting machines, overhead cranes, hoists, welding machines, milling machines, and Fork lifts etc. production planning, experience with preventive/reactive maintenance programs, and either a 4-yearengineeringdegree equivalent + 5 years’ relevant work experience or at least 8+ years relevant work experience.
Desired: Team building skills, prioritization skills, forward looking, and good troubleshooting skills. Ideal candidate will have worked in a manufacturing environment supervising/managing 20 or more maintenance and production employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages Total Productive Maintenance in compliance with the Oshkosh Operating System
- Maintains Facilities in compliance with FM Global and manage/maintain CMMS.
- Obtains and documents quotes/bids for various new and old machine repairs and PM's. Evaluates proposals for specification compliance and makes recommendation of award.
- Direct and Manage maintenance team/activities of equipment maintenance on all shifts.
- Promote safety consciousness, enforce safety rules, establish an orderly work area in the maintenance shops and perform routine safety audits.
- Identify opportunities for equipment performance improvement, develop alternate solutions to potential problems and develop and implements resolution plans.
- Manage the PM coordinator who performs spare parts inventory/usage evaluations to optimize inventories and costs.
- Provide overall leadership for Maintenance Department on all shifts. Fill in during the absence of the Facilities and Maintenance Director.
- Work with Facilities and Maintenance Director to upgrade the equipment to latest technology. Develop long and short range training plan for Supervisors, Mechanics, and technicians.
- Reviews and/or inspects work for quality, accuracy, and completeness.
- Coordinates and/or acts as a liaison between agency or work unit and other agencies, work units, organizations, suppliers, etc.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
- Develops appropriate safety and/or service plans to alleviate risk, provide protection, etc.
- Oversees the development, evaluation or review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities; assesses feasibility of proposed plans, projects and equipment.
- Monitors and evaluates operations, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; makes recommendations for improvement.
- On call to respond to any problems as needed when the manufacturing equipment goes down. Should be able to assign the required night shift and weekend
- Shift maintenance personal during equipment down times to support production. Calls could be after work hours and weekends.
- Act as main resource to the maintenance department in troubleshooting problems with production as high priority.
- Need to have high mind set of reducing MTTR and MTBF and completion of any projects on time as planned without slipping the dates.
- Plan the annual Plant July shutdown. Perform budget reviews such as spare parts spending/approval, OT usage/spending, and other Department spending.
- Always need to be a good communicator with leadership team to keep them informed.
- Need to be a good team player across cross functional teams.
- Need to be able to work on weekends if the maintenance team needs any help and/or if there are any special projects scheduled on weekends.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required by Facilities and Maintenance Director.
- Either a 4-yearengineeringdegree equivalent + 5 years’ relevant work experience or 8+ years relevant work experience in a manufacturing, maintenance field required.
- Strong computer skills and experience in the use of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Power Point, and Word); Microsoft Project preferred.
- Must have problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with personnel at all levels.
- Must have experience working in a regulated environment.
- Must be able to accomplish results independently.
- Must be willing to come to the plant on weekends as needed to manage the equipment repairs to make sure its repaired before production start on Monday morning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Manufacturing Engineeringrequired.
- Prior supervisory and technical training desired.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of tasks as directed.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA Standards
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Desire and ability to learn new mechanical systems.
- Able to effectively communicate with all departments
- Working knowledge of basic computer software including ERP software.
- Ability to lift to 10 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stay on the floor for long time to analyze and understand the equipment down time issues.
- Ability to come up with creative ideas to eliminate the repeated down time issues on various manufacturing machines and equipment.
- Strong motivation to implement new technology and Robot automation.