The Director of Finance directs and controls the divisions’ overall financial planning process which includes monthly and quarterly projections and annual budgets, accounting practices and adherence to Corporate Accounting Policies. Directs team to ensure overall accuracy and integrity of financial reporting. Develops vision for improving financial performance through business development and/or cost reduction opportunities. Communicates financial performance to corporate management and division management to align and allocate resources appropriately. Directs and controls the divisional pricing policy and works withGeneral Managers and Sales Directors to administer a divisional pricing policy .
- Provide guidance and supervision to direct reports in one or more functional financial or accounting related areas to ensure achievement of departmental and divisional goals.
- Review statistical information and reporting and provides communication of financial information and its implications to divisional and corporate staff.
- Accountable for all record-keeping as appropriate and in accordance with Stryker and external specifications to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Ensure internal controls adequate to deliver accurate financial information and identify and reduce possibility of fraud.
- Focus on customer satisfaction through teamwork and empowerment, solving problems through a consultative approach, operating with honestly and integrity and providing a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service.
- Work with Executive Staff and cross functionally with all Divisional functions to achieve Stryker Medical’s mission, vision and promise.
- Invest in employee involvement and development by fostering personal growth, being responsible and accountable, being passionate towards the success of the business and treating all with dignity and respect.
- Actively participate in the ongoing development of a corporate culture that strives to achieve the highest ethical standards. This is accomplished by conducting all business affairs ethically and lawfully and by ensuring open, honest communication without fear of retaliation.
- Develop and deliver the divisional projections, budget and strategic planning documents
- Create and administer the divisional pricing policy, including working with marketing to assess and recommend the annual price increase, rep commission plans and government pricing.
- Accountable for Government pricing and obtaining FSS contract for the division and ensuring our pricing policies and documentation adheres to Government requirements
- Masters in Finance or related area (MBA) preferred.
- 8-10 years of appropriately increasing responsibility in financial related functions and minimum of 3 years experience junior executive level.
- 3 years of Strategic pricing experience and appropriate training
- Must understand organizational financial at a divisional level
- Must exercise creative problem solving and demonstrate proven decision making experience.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Must be PC literate with working knowledge of standard accounting/financial software.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment effectively.
- Exceptional inter-personal communication skills specifically relating to stress management, people management, negotiation and conflict management.