Do you like solving problems? Do you like new development? Are you interested in being a developer in a challenging, rewarding, and fast-paced team environment? Now is your chance. The LRS® Retirement Solutions Group is seeking a software developer in Springfield, Illinois.
The LRSRetirement Solutions Group has been the leading provider of pension administration software and retirement services since 1987. The current web-based version of PensionGold uses a service-oriented architecture and is developed with Microsoft .Net Framework Version 4.0 tools.
You will be part of the Product Support Team that is focused on developing partnerships with customers across North America and providing high quality support for the PensionGold products they use. You will be responsible for the technical analysis and solution development of reported software issues. You will also provide new technical design and development of software enhancements and custom features for your customers and perform release management activities. You will work as team with our Business Analysts in creatively solving your customers needs. The solutions you develop will be done using proprietary visual development tools, Visual Studio 2010, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Server. As a support developer, you will be expected to adhere to PensionGold’s full Product Development Life Cycle process and methodologies.
You will be based in our headquarters in Springfield, IL. As a Software Developer, you are eligible for overtime pay. This position may require occasional travel to client sites which are located nationwide. The travel will consist of short stays at a client site during the week. The travel does not include extended or long term trips.
- Within the first 45 days you will develop an understanding of the PensionGold technical platform and development tools. You will verbally demonstrate this understanding to your manager and other PensionGold employees.
- Within the first 45 days you will be able to review and complete action items as they relate to application defects, enhancements or new features.
- Within the first 60 days you will develop an understanding of the PensionGold product(s). You will verbally demonstrate this understanding to your manager and other PensionGold employees.
- Within the first 60 days you will have developed a detailed understanding of capabilities of the PensionGold Studio tools that are used to develop and maintain PensionGold business solutions.
- Within the first 90 days you will serve as the primary developer on one or more support projects. This will include managing releases, correcting defects, implementing enhancements, and communicating project development activities.
- Within the first 90 days you will have gained a thorough understanding of the PensionGold database model and be able to perform queries against the data base using SQL.
- Within the first 6months you will be able to create, maintain, and debug business processes using an internal visual development tool.
Within the first year you will develop a high-level understanding of the PensionGold product functionality. You will communicate effectively with developers, business analysts, and managers in order to effectively respond to client questions and application issues.
- Three years of experience developing web applications using ASP.NET 2.0 (or higher) and HTML
- Three years of object-oriented programming experience (C#.NET preferred)
- Three years of experience in problem solving as well business application analysis and design
- Two years of relational databaseexperience using Microsoft SQL Server
- Two years of experience in T-SQL and stored procedure development
- Two years experience with Visual Studio 2008 or higher
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- You must have permanent authorization to work in the USA. No visa sponsorships are available.
- Previous experience in the pension industry will make you a stronger candidate.
Your success will be judged on your ability to meet the performance objectives and to implement quality solutions for our pension-related software products. Excellent teamwork and effective communication skills are a must.
Self-motivation, flexibility, persistence, and attention to detail are critical to success in this position. The ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize work in order to maintain productivity as well as good troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills are essential.