The Tester provides testing expertise with programmers and other team members to perform testing solutions for the Mortgage portfolio of applications in support of meeting line of business (LOB) customer needs. The Tester is aligned with specific IT Channel/Applications or by Strategic Project business needs. The primary responsibility of the Tester is to perform testing activities as they relate to System Integration Testing. The Tester is working towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned Channels and supports the development teams and project office to ensure application quality.
In addition to performing the testing activities for System Integration Testing (SIT), another very important responsibility of the Tester is to ensure that they follow and support SQM Process. The Software Quality Management Process ensures the delivery of high quality products and services to our clients by building consistency in test efforts; prior to releasing changes to the production environment.
The overall functions of a SQM process consist of 2 parts (1) Quality assurance and (2) Quality Control.
Currently we perform tasks related to quality control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all the system, development & SDLC processes identifying opportunities for continuous improvement as well as to assure implementation and adherence
- Follows directions on what features should be tested. Eventually becoming a subject matter expert
- Has an understanding of functional and technical requirements and is in process of learning business side in assigned portfolio
- Executes regression tests
- Makes recommendations and participates for software quality improvement for all applications in assigned
- Follows all Software Quality Management Processes.
- Supports the test strategy
- Tester has a thorough understanding of requirements
- Tracks and manages traceability of requirements through testing in their assigned application(s)
- Reviews and uses requirements and design doc to create test cases, execute them and update TA with execution results
- Create automation scripts with in TAF. Executes automation scripts
- Brings status and software quality or testing concerns and issues with to TA for support
- Assists with Test Results Analysis and Root Cause Analysis
- Assists in maintaining knowledgebase for testing artifacts for assigned application(s) by doing gap analysis after each release
- Can assist with gathering of data
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience as a software quality assurance analyst, preferably in the financial application testing experience
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
- Familiar with Agile, software development cycle and quality assurance methodologies
- Familiar with HPQC (ALM), TFS, and Rally
- Automation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology-related curriculum, or equivalent education and related training
- 3+ years of experience or equivalent proficiency in application analysis and design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to direct other team members and train others
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.