The Sr. Software Development Engineer uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex software application programs. Leads work groups that are responsible for software development, design and quality testing. This position will create detailed specifications or designs, conduct quality assurance reviews of peer's application programming and act as a mentor to others in these programs. The Sr. Software Development Engineer will maintain these programs by coding, testing, and debugging documents. This position is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities.
- Partner with multiple vendors to create estimates and delivery plans for projects or programs across an application family.
- Ensure quality of technology delivery of multiple vendors’ technology solutions for multiple concurrent projects or programs for an application family.
- Provide technology leadership and delivery accountability for solutions for multiple concurrent projects within an application family. (i.e. Claims, C&PS, or CS&DW)
- Function as team leader for a large or complex unit with accountability for:
- Setting direction to mature the technologyassociated with the team.
- Key aspect of this is “tech debt” removal when possible.
- Identify and implement process enhancement opportunities associated with supporting the application area.
- Implement actions to increase ESI and vendor partner knowledge on team.
- Serve as SME for components of the team.
- Partner with architects to set direction for maturing use of/retiring/adding technology components in the ESI environment.
- Provide technical guidance to projects/programs for complex components of a multiple technology suites.
- Lead efforts to develop standard practices, components, guidelines for use of complex technology components.
- Lead teams to resolve urgent and high production incidents.
- Lead actions to determine root cause of problems and drive resolution.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 8-12years relevant experience, preferably 2-3 years at ESI or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- Ability to provide and implement technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry.
- Familiar with working in a vendor partner model.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across project teams.