This position is based in Calvert City, KY, employing 500+ employees, both union and nonunion. Overnight travelwithin the US is required.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
The Human Resources Business Partner supports Ashland in achieving its operational goals by developing, implementing, and maintaining effective human resource and labor relations policies, programs, procedures, and practices. This critical position will have multi-site responsibility encompassing both union and non-union manufacturing plants in the US. The HR Business Partner will embody the spirit of “Always Solving.” ™
- Working to improve and sustain a positive employee relations climate in an organization that has both union and non-union employees in multiple locations.
- Supervising the Ashland Employee Relations Specialist
- Providing oversight of the HR generalist, plant nurse, and trainers who report to the Plant Manager.
- Providing day-to-day leadership and guidance regarding employment issues including arbitrations, mediations, grievance resolutions, and other labor/employee relations functions.
- Advising and coaching management on tactical, as well as strategic human resources issues, including talent development, succession planning, etc.
- Providing coaching and support to managers to facilitate the positive resolution of employee situations including performance improvement, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Working proactively to accomplish Ashland’s inclusion and diversity goals.
- BS or BA in Human Resources or related field is required.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years Human Resources generalist experience including labor and employee relations isrequired.
- Knowledge and experience supporting unionized environments including: hearing grievances, presenting atarbitration hearings, and participating in contract negotiations is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of federal, state and local laws/regulations relating to human resources and labor relations including: OFCCP, EEO/Affirmative Action, NLRA, FLSA, FMLA, with the ability to liaise withEmployee Relations team and function as a subject matter expert is essential.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, demonstrate strong interpersonal savvy, business acumen, emotional quotient, and the ability to develop effective partnerships at all levels within Ashland tofunction effectively as a strong business partner.
- Excellent analytical, project management, and problem solving skills required to develop and manage theexecution of people related projects.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems; SAP experience is helpful.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
- Must be authorized to work in the US.