TRANSPORTATION MANAGER (FT.LW-17-1412-Z):
Bowhead seeks a Transportation Manager who is responsible for the day to day operations of the installation transportation effort on Fort Lewis and AR 5-9 Area of Responsibility. Successful candidate(s) will analyze, develop, evaluate and promote improvements in transportation programs using best industry practices. Successful candidate(s) must possess knowledge, experience and understanding of US Army logistics, plus the knowledge and experience required to hold the position as outlined below.
Essential functions will include:
• Knowledge and comprehension of problems inherent to traffic management operations and programs, and propose solutions, as required.
• Plan, direct, coordinate, and control traffic operations to provide economical and efficient transportation of freight by common and other carriers, and other transportation carrier services.
• Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning traffic and transportation operations.
• Ability to provide information and reports, resolve issues and recommend actions to improve delivery of services to the customers.
• Understanding of technological developments, particularly in equipment, facilities, safety, and other features.
• Ability to gain cooperation in order to coordinate the work of others or as a team player in cohesive team environment.
• Flexibility and capability to adjust work to operational needs and to meet emergency or changing program and/or production requirements.
• Attend meetings, briefings, conferences as required by the customer and employer.
• Associates Degree, required. Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ of documented supervisory experience in a transportation related field.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, procedures and instruction in DoD air and ground transportation.
• Must have a strong background in Defense Transportation System (DTS), operating within a national transportation system that is fully responsive and globally capable of meeting personnel and materiel movement requirements of the Department of Defense across the range of military operations.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, procedures and instructions in the areas of personal property, unit movement, materiel movement, and transportation motor pool operations.
• Must be able to pass a stringent Federal criminal background investigation and pre-employment drug screening.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; excellent written/verbal communication skills required. Must have strong verbal and written command of English.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.