The fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Systems and Infrastructure Administration to join our KPMG Technology Organization.
- Provide administration, maintenance, configuration, and ongoing support of server infrastructure hosting Enterprise Applications
- Resolve complex enterprise system hardware and software problems; collaborate with peer teams and vendors to coordinate solutions
- Recommend actions for fine tuning and capacity planning of existing systems
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new hardware and software developments; participate in the evaluation of alternative approaches and new software or modifications to enhance operations and development activities
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Interface with business clients and technology staff to implement solutions that meet business needs and addresses impact of new or revised applications on existing infrastructure; including the installation and testing of new enterprise system software and hardware releases
- Minimum five years of systems administrator experience; preferably in large Enterprise Level Data Centers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Technical knowledge across various disciplines to resolve complex infrastructure integration issues and problems and interface with multiple vendors to coordinate resolution to both hardware and software problems
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to problems and issues
- Strong verbal/written communication, problem solving, analytical and independent judgment skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work. Ability to positively influence, mentor and be a credible source of knowledge to less experienced team members
- Experience in implementation, administration and troubleshootingexperience of Citrix systems, including Provisioning Server, XenApp and XenDesktop
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy, veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, or other legally protected status. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.