Basic Summary of Position:
Responsible for the management of the physical therapy clinic, overall patient and employee satisfaction, as well as for the evaluation and treatment of patients. The Clinic Director oversees all clinic staff and coordinates staff vacations, staff scheduling, and staff management to optimize the operation of the clinic in accordance with the standards set by corporate management. The Clinic Director develops relationships with referring physicians and potential referring physicians. Overall treatment of patients will include hands on and written evaluation, development of plan of care, and ongoing treatment with patients through all phases of physical therapy. Position requires ensuring every patient receives a unique experience through a comprehensive, thorough, and customized physical therapy regimen with an emphasis on quality care provided in a friendly and encouraging environment.
Patients, clinic employees, physicians, nurse case managers, adjustors, patient family, compliance department
Prescribe or carryout the appropriate manual therapy and exercise progressions, delegate to a qualified individual.
Ensure documentation is fully compliant per payer type in a timely manner.
Completing or delegating to a qualified individual all of the daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance and safety logs
Documentation or chart review
Overseeing QA’s completed by Front Office Coordinators
1. Schedule new patients on appropriate PT schedules for evaluations.
2. Provide patient treatment according to referral and visit volume demands.
3. Manage clinical staffing and case load volumes in coordination with Clinical Performance Management
4. Complete all month end reporting responsibilities including, but not limited to, monthly compliance checklist completed, cleaning logs completed, risk management checklists completed, documentation of attendance to clinic director meetings when appropriate, documentation of monthly meeting with all clinic staff, Clinical Performance Management summary completed, flash report completed, and Clinic Director SWOT analysis completed.
5. Monitor all patient discharges in alignment with Company standards of care.
6. Daily monitoring of patient visits, cancellations, and FIRST™ work conditioning program visits.
7. Daily monitoring of referrals, noting trend of where referrals are coming from.
8. Monitor trends in patient billing per individual clinician to ensure Company standards of care is maintained.
9. Conduct weekly patient chart reviews to ensure staff compliance in chart completion.
10. Conduct monthly Medicare patient chart reviews to ensure chart compliance under Medicare law.
11. Handle all patient insurance issues and determine special financial arrangements.
12. Attend networking events with Business Development team and physicians.
13. Secure solid relationships and referral sources within area.
14. Advise staff on treatment options to assure positive outcomes for all patients.
15. Conduct monthly individual meetings with all staff members.
16. Conduct monthly all-staff clinic meeting.
17. Complete daily Clinic Director checklist.
18. Attend clinic director meetings.
19. Participate in / complete caseload rounds and business development conference calls on a weekly basis.
20. Oversee hours of operation of clinic.
21. Ongoing scheduling of patients to ensure fluid treatment progression.
22. Assist patients with all phases of Physical Therapy treatment and techniques to include:
- exercise instruction (both in-clinic and take home instruction)
- manual therapy techniques
- activities of daily living
- functional/total body progressions
23. Discuss treatment with patients and record patient conditions and responses to treatments in
patient’s medical record after each visit.
24. Complete daily patient care notes, progress notes, discharge notes and other required forms as requested by treating physicians, rehab nurses or insurance companies.
25. Ensure daily treatment notes for all patients are complete prior to end of day.
26. Ensure billing amounts on daily notes match treatment time and that all units of treatment are accounted for.
27. Ensure billing is accurate and complete prior to signing off on the daily note in accordance with Company policy, state practice act, and federal regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA, Medicare and Medicaid.
28. Lead or delegate all focus of the day meetings.
29. Interviews candidates for Clinic positions as necessary.
30. Responsible for overseeing training for Clinic positions.
31. Responsible for overseeing performance and any related counseling of Clinic positions, up to and including recommendation for termination of employment.
32. Responsible for overseeing annual review process for Clinic positions.
33. The ability to provide training to Clinic positions on Company standards of operations.
34. The ability to provide ongoing monitoring of standards by conducting standards testing on Clinic
35. The ability to build and maintain confidence and credibility with all clients and employees.
36. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
37. Ability to comply with ATI standards of operations.
38. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
1. Maintain current knowledge of all clinic staff roles and continuing trends in the industry.
2. Attend continuing educational courses to obtain advanced clinical skills.
3. Maintain cleanliness of clinic and treatment areas.
4. Assistance in answering phones and providing intake forms to new patients.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by management
Number of FTE supervised directly _____2+_________
Number of FTE supervised indirectly _____0__________
Total Number of FTE supervised _____2+_________
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• PT’s - Bachelor’s Degree, with a professional clinical degree in rehabilitation.
• At least 1 year of licensed clinician experience (field)
• At least 1 year of senior level clinician experience (field)
Current License or Certification:
Appropriate state licensure, certification or registration (per state requirements),current, and in good standing
Skills and Abilities:
• Action oriented;
• Building effective teams;
• Business acumen;
• Career ambition;
• Caring about direct reports;
• Comfort around higher management;
• Command skills;
• Conflict management;
• Confronting direct reports;
• Developing direct reports;
• Directing others;
• Drive for results
• Fairness to direct reports
• Integrity and trust;
• Managing and measuring work;
• Managing diversity;
• Managing vision and purpose;
• Motivating others;
• Priority setting;
• Process management;
• Time management;
• Timely decision making;
• Microsoft Office;
• A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others;
• The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
• Strong customer orientation;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• Strong team player; and
• Commitment to company values.
Travel Required: As needed for networking with physicians and attending director meetings
Hours Required: As needed to complete the job responsibilities.