Aspen HYSYS® is the energy industry’s leading process simulation software that’s used by leading oil and gas producers, petroleum refining and engineering companies for process optimization in design and operations. Aspen HYSYS is the flagship simulator in AspenTech’s aspenONE Engineering suite. Aspen HYSYS® Upstream and Aspen HYSYS® Upstream Dynamics enable steady-state and transient flow simulations from the Oil & Gas well head to the processing facilities.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Close engagement with the world’s leading Oil & Gas and Engineering & Construction companies to understand best practices and ways to address unsolved problems. Translate feedback from the customers into software requirements and product strategy in order to achieve rapid adoption of the software. Engage with customers to set up early adopter clubs.
- Close working relationship with marketing and sales on a worldwide basis
- Close working relationship with the research and development team to define product requirements and end user scenarios.
- Develop product strategy and business plan to ensure growth
- Develop target market analysis and understanding product business performance to develop strategies for growth.
- Develop jointly with R&D technology direction for the Aspen HYSYS Upstream software. This role will also include responsibility for the overall direction of AspenTech’s engineering product family particularly related to the Upstream Exploration & Production industry
- A passion for driving business growth and adoption of software products.
Key competencies required:
- Strong working knowledge of Aspen HYSYS or other software tools for process design and optimization
- Working knowledge of pipeline hydraulics, PVT Analysis, and related flow assurance tools preferred
- Understanding of the end user needs, business drivers and industry practices in Exploration & Production
- Excellent communication skills to articulate the product message
- Leadership skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to lead successful project, product or business initiatives
Skills and experience:
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on experience using commercial process simulation software tools for the oil & gas and refining industries
- At least 3-5 years of work experience related to the oil & gas industry
Minimum B.S. degree in chemical or petroleum engineering. Post-graduate degrees, MBA or other advanced degrees, desired but not essential