Identify, solicit, develop, manage, service, and expand business relationships in an assigned market under the Consultative Relationship Management Process. Offer a full range of loan, deposit, and other non-interest income services to existing and prospective business clients. Refer business and personal financial needs of business clients through the appropriate channel according to Integrated Relationship Management (IRM).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Handle loan requests from $250,000 up to a total credit relationship of $10,000,000; demonstrate a general understanding of major technical aspects of lending, and have a clear understanding of the basics of credit and finance.
2. Work with Market Presidents, senior Relationship Managers and Credit Officers to develop skills in prospecting, client management, call execution, IRM and credit underwriting.
3. Develop, underwrite, and service business loans for business and individual clients including management of past dues and maturing loans.
4. Interview applicants to develop financial and credit information, to ascertain needs, abilities, earnings, and risk; request necessary information, such as financial and operating statements.
5. Evaluate and extend credit and terms in accordance with policy and lending authority.
6. Assume responsibility for proper documentation and data integrity.
7. Monitor loans to ensure complete conformity with terms and to ascertain any developing trends.
8. Aggressively call on potential and existing clients to maintain productivity and profitability in lending and non-lending relationships; successfully execute the BB&T Decathlon Sales Process and the Consultative Sales & Retention Process.
9. Deliver the Perfect Client Experience in all interactions with clients, prospects, and centers of influence.
10. Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline, and other pertinent information using the Bank’s contact management system.
11. Keep abreast of changing business and economic developments which impact the loan portfolio, its profitability, and banking in general.
12. Ensure commercial banking relationships are fully developed, including specific efforts to serve the retail banking needs of the clients’ owners/management/associates by partnering with Wealth Management Advisors, Private Bankers and Relationship Managers.
13. Identify and market non-credit services by partnering with Financial Services Specialists in sales meetings, client and prospect calls, and developing and delivery of custom solutions.
14. Represent BB&T in the community by actively participating in civic affairs and local and professional organizations to identify and develop new clients and enhance the Bank’s image.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. BB&T’s Leadership Program graduate or equivalent program at another financial institution, PSS III, Managing Interpersonal Relationships, Leadership Management
3. Five years of experience
4. Clear understanding of credit and finance
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Excellent negotiation skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight