Continuous Improvement Specialist - Master Black Belt
Cobham is seeking a Continuous Improvement Specialist that will work as part of dynamic development team to advance plant-wide Continuous Improvement objectives. The successful candidate will serve as a change agent and assist management by studying and sharing best practices with other teams, and by leading teams and projects using a variety of Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Build a Continuous Improvement program across all Value Streams, incorporating the concepts of Standard Operating Framework (SOF), Excellence in Delivery (EiD), Root Cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventive Action.
- Provides leadership to organizational performance and operational continuous improvement efforts with broad organization impact.
- Possesses knowledge of advanced Continuous Improvement practices, and quality methodologies such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, etc.
- Responsible for identifying operational improvement opportunities, quantifying and developing the value proposition, developing strategies to achieve opportunity objectives, and driving implementation of the strategies into execution with solid project management.
- Ensures new Continuous Improvement practices and associated behaviors become fixed into ongoing practices and within the organization.
- Provides expert knowledge to training resources to develop Lean Six Sigma methodologies and facilitate continuous improvement techniques throughout Cobham to achieve operational efficiencies that demonstrate measurable, sustainable results.
- Possesses communication and technical skills to work with all levels of management to solve complex process and/or design related issues.
- Improves customer satisfaction by helping the division reduce cost and lead-time while improving quality and service.
- Works closely with Quality teams to identify adverse trends and systemic issues in order toensure accurate root-cause analyses and to determine areas of culpability. Develop actions tofocus programs on these areas to drive measurable improvement.
- Works closely with Quality teams to ensure an appropriate level of guidance is provided in procedures and work instructions to institutionalize Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Reduces waste and drive best practices across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or Finance.
- Master Black Belt Certified.
- 10+ years’ experience leading continuous improvement efforts using Lean process methods and tools, across multiple functions of the business.
- 8+ years training others in continuous improvement efforts.
- 8+ Successful project management experience and change management skills.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled byexport laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Job ID: 00O38