Business Leader for Facility Engineering and Asset Management
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is one of the world’s leading engineering, project management and consultancy companies, is looking for a Leader for its Facility Engineering and Asset Management business to provide leadership, business development, strategic direction and innovative technical solutions to grow the Facility Engineering and Asset Management practice, as well as lead opportunities across the country.
Successful candidates will have experience growing facility engineering and asset management businesses supporting clients within Government, Industrial/Pharma and Energy market sectors. Candidates must possess P&L and operational experience, as well as strong client management skills with broad application in the practice of integrated asset management for facilities and infrastructure; including experience with associated financial, delivery / performance and risk management. Successful candidates will possess client relationships within the industrial, commercial, and government market sectors.
A strong background and proven ability to integrate information management within innovative and cost‐effective solutions to modernize and recapitalizing aging inventories using conventional and operational risk assessment methods is preferred.
As a senior leader, you will lead all aspects of the business and will be fully accountable for successfully selling and growing consultancy asset management services for facilities and infrastructure including: condition assessments; maintenance and performance of mechanical, electrical, and roofing systems; adequacy and design of fire protection and suppression systems; assessment of water and wastewater assets; inspection and assessment of fueling systems as well as associated financial and performance management.
The ideal candidate shall possess 15 - 20years of experience, a BS in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, and desire to join our Atlanta Metro Area (Atlanta or Kennesaw, GA) office and become an integral member of our leadership team.
- Organize and lead the day to day operations
- Manage the business including P&L statement, budgeting, forecasting and monthly close operations
- Client development and marketing including presentations to clients
- Mentor and train staff. Conduct staff performance reviews and create development plans
- Serve as a Sr. Project or Program manager from time to time and execute project work
- Integrate with the Wood Practtice Areas and Sectors applicable to skills, projects, and client pursuits
- Work with other Wood divisions on joint pursuits where applicable
- Follow established business protocols including Limits of Authority, Contracts Plan, Code of Business Conduct and other applicable policies and procedures
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, and making recommendations to project managers
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or related field such as Architecture
- Professional certifications such as PE, PG or appropriate registration in Georgia is highly preferred
- Minimum of 15years of consulting and engineeringexperience
- Extensive knowledge of the facility asset management business in one or more of the following market sectors – government, industrial, commercial, transportation or utilities
- Experience winning, managing and executing similar work in Georgia, and/or within the US
- Demonstrated success in client management and business development
- Computer proficient (must have proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), SharePoint and excellent spreadsheet skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Proven financial, performance and risk knowledge related to facility and infrastructureasset management
- Demonstrated commitment to safety in the workplace
Physical Demands and Work Requirements
- Ability to travel to and from job sites in various areas of US and international without limits
- Potential international travel for project development and client meetings
- Possess legal right to work in U.S. permanently