STG, Inc. has an immediate opportunity as a Network Security Specialist located in Chantilly Virginia. This position will support Department of Homeland Security, which provides cutting edge Cyber, Information Assurance and Security Services.
The NetworkSecurity Specialist is responsible for examining malicious software, suspicious network activities, and non-authorized presence in the network to analyse the nature of the threat, secure and monitor firewall configurations. The NetworkSecurity Specialist needs to understand the specimen's attack capabilities, its propagation characteristics to define signatures for detecting the presence of Malware. Use current network principles and security to build a robust network that provides the proper functionality while maintaining the correct level of security.
Second Shift (1400 - 2230 Mon-Fri)
- Position requires a DHS security clearance
- 5+ years of experience involving work directly related to IT, cybersecurity, security control evaluation, malware analysis and implementation on IT systems and programs.
- One of the following Certifications: (MCSE, CEH, GIAC, CAP, CASP, CISSP)
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- English fluency. Written and verbal.
· Bachelors (Computer Science, IT, IA, Engineering, Software engineering, Math) (or Degree from designated CAE-IAE institution)
· Active DHS Security clearance
· Masters Degree
Job ID: 2017-137