Lead Electrical & Controls Engineer
Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Our engineers, scientists, consultants, construction managers, and affiliated professionals work together to deliver smart solutions to our public and private clients.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Electrical & Controls Engineer who has a desire to contribute to our clients' success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our client's Mehoopany, PA location.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single discipline projects to large multi-disciplined, turnkey projects, Foth?s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never wavers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members?experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
- Work in an on-site manufacturing environment to support plant operations and engineering initiatives through the following activities:
- Hardware and software engineering for new and retrofit industrial projects and electrical systems including low voltage (600 VAC) power distribution, network communications, line control, and motion control
- Programming, design and updating of PLC, HMI, VFD, and Servo Motion related projects from hardware design, software integration through constructionsupport and project start up
- Specification of components to achieve client requests
- Modifications or upgrades to existing control systems as specified by the client
- Provide project management and oversight of engineering services projects to include: preparing proposals, estimating engineering efforts, defining scope, and managing schedules and costs using established methods
- Lead the development of project related documentation
- Direct project and designer level resources
- Provide installation and start up support, could include nights and weekends
- Work simultaneously on multiple project and client teams
- Resolve conflicts by working directly with client to strengthen the Foth-Client relationship
All Foth members are expected to:
- Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
- Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
- Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Interact with clients as required
- Bachelor's Degree in ElectricalEngineering or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of recent experience with specifying, installing, and troubleshooting machine and process controls systems
- 5+ years of recent experience with all of the following:
- Allen Bradley Control-Logix, Compact-Logix, and PLC5 Rockwell software
- HMI programming (PanelBuilder or RSViewME)
- Low voltage (up to 600 VAC) power distribution systems with exposure to facilities electrical systems including: HVAC, lighting, power, communications, security, fire, supervisory systems, transformers, panel boards, grounding systems, capacitor banks, etc.
- Ethernet and/or ControlNet communications
- VFD and Motor Selection / Integration
- NEC/NFPA 79Electrical Standards
- 5+ years of industry-relevant experience (papermaking and/or paper converting process)
- Allen Bradley Control-Logix and/or Compact-Logix Safety PLC programming and procedures
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) rating and design, including:
- Implementing the ISA84 (IEC 61511) standard
- Selecting Safety Integrity Levels (SILs) for Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) using a variety of techniques
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or ability to obtain within 24months of your start date
Foth offers a Professional Career Development Program, an attractive compensation/benefits package, and an employment experience shaped by the preferences of our members. If you are committed to making the most of your career with a progressive, values-based firm, apply today!