Responsibilities and Qualifications
Business Risk Services (BRS) is a Mercy wide function that works collaboratively within an Enterprise Risk Management Framework, focusing on Financial Risks. BRS is responsible for assessing risk areas and for developing a plan to gain a more in-depth understanding of significant risks to the organization, while evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal control environment. Manages staff or professional auditors; coordinates the identification and evaluation of potential risk areas within Mercy. Leads efforts to minimize impact of fraud throughout Mercy. Assists in the improvement of documentation and awareness of internal controls. Travel to other Mercy communities approximately 25% of time.
Each career at Mercy represents unique members of our caring ministry’s “body”, working together for the health and strength of the whole. To achieve our goals, we need all the parts functioning at their best and this requires the specific qualifications that you’ll bring with you:
- Education: Bachelors degree in accounting or related field.
- Experience: Minimum eight years of accounting, financial management, or internal control experience.
- Other: Requires excellent analytical abilities, strong communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility, objectivity and a strong team orientation.
- Preferred Experience: Management experience and healthcare organization knowledge/experiencedesired.
- Preferred Certifications: CPA or comparable experience strongly preferred.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. ModernHealthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.