Job Description Summary
This position will be with AEGON Asset Management, the organization which oversees asset management for many of Transamerica's insurance and operating companies as well as third party clients. The global AEGON Asset Management organization has operations in Europe, the United States and Asia. Primary offices in the United States are located in Cedar Rapids, IA, Chicago, IL and Baltimore, MD. AEGON Asset Management and Transamerica are both part of the AEGON NV group of companies. The legal entities that comprise AEGON Asset Management US are AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC and AEGON USA Investment Management, LLC. AEGON USA Realty Advisors, LLC manages commercial real estate, commercial mortgage loans and other real estate related investments. AEGONUSA Investment Management, LLC, is a registered investment adviser that manages fixed income assets, including public bonds, private placements, derivatives and alternative investments.
Position Overview: Significant responsibility for several functions within the Real Estate PrivateEquity Department includingasset management,financialreporting, and assisting the LeadPortfolio Manager withinvestment due diligence. This includes involvement ininvestmentasset management decisions, assisting inrisk management initiatives, and responsibility for the timing and accuracy ofreporting.
Position Overview: Significant responsibility for several functions within the Real Estate Private Equity Department including asset management, financialreporting, and assisting the Lead Portfolio Manager with investment due diligence. This includes involvement in investment asset management decisions, assisting in risk management initiatives, and responsibility for the timing and accuracy of reporting.
- Researching potential investments, performing relevant due diligence, preparing written investment recommendations and making presentations for Investment Committee.
- Will produce supporting documentation for all investment decisions (models, market trends, etc).
- Support legal and compliance to ensure proper execution of agreements, including monitoring partnership covenant compliance.
- Position owns the responsibility for monitoring and interpreting of partnershipfinancial statements and complex calculation of investment returns.
- The Associate Director is also responsible for ongoing client relationship reporting such as preparing quality client based reporting, and ensuring that all points of customer contact represent AAM as a top tier asset management organization.
Bachelors’ degree in relevant field and 5+ years of relevant experience.
Bachelor's degree with over five years of Private Equityinvestment experience in real assets. Masters of Business Administration in finance or related field. CPA or CFA designation.
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant’s qualifications including the extent of his/her relevant experience and other job related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.