Providing IT solutions nationally since 1987, PCM, Inc. is an industry recognized, publicly traded, value-added reseller and systems integrator. Fully accredited and authorized by major manufacturers including Apple, Cisco, Dell, HP Inc., HPE, Lenovo, Microsoft, Symantec, VMware and 1500 others, PCM offers product and service solutions to mid-market and enterprise level businesses.
With annual sales of $2B+, $800M+ in Microsoft licensing revenue, 3000+ employees and over 400,000 products available, PCM is more than an IT provider: we are a trusted technology partner for thousands of businesses across the country specializing in cloud, data center, mobility, networking, security, and software solutions.
PCM: The right technology, delivered!
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering IT projects to schedule, budget and quality. The role requires a mastery of technical knowledge of project management inter-related process stages, i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Proficiency in related processes such as portfolio management, program management, methods and tools and quality assurance is also required.
- Mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
- Report on variances to the approved project baseline.
- Interface and communicate with customers, project team and management
- Ensure that quality project standards are met as prescribed by IT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
- Coordinating the efforts of the project team (account managers, practice managers, resource managers, pre- and post-sales engineers, client representatives) – drive the team toward a successful project completion
- Creating and maintaining project schedules, status reports, action item logs, and issue logs
- Facilitating both internal and customer facing meetings; submit meeting minutes and track action items.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- 8 or more years’ experience managing infrastructure projects, preferably as part of a VAR and/or Professional Services organization
- 8 or more years’ experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Exchange, Active Directory, Azure, Office365
- Project Management oversight of Azure migrations
- General understanding of Azure IaaS and Networking
- Azure Site Recovery – Azure VMWare to Azure migration, ASR Azure to Azure regional protection
- Leader in the use of IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management
- Experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases - plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement
- Experience of managing IT projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for large, complex projects varying from 3 to 18months in duration
- ITIL Foundation and/or PMP certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
- Strong team working skills across client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Demonstrated experience working for large organizations on complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to facilitate change management with teams
Requisition ID 2017-1323