This position is responsible for directing the efficient and cost-effective operation of the warehouse facility, managing inbound activities related to the receipt and storage of goods. It oversees outbound activities related to order-filling and stock replenishment and administers overall inventory management, productivity, accuracy, current and future business planning, P+L responsibility, and loss prevention programs to ensure that customer requirements are met. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for the continuous improvement of the facility as it pertains to productivity, customer service and associate wellbeing and the development of the management team.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personal policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to the development of a warehouse plan, including personal requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs and tooling and equipment needs.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management warehouse operations, including compiling, storing and retrieving warehouse data reports.
- Contribute to and support all company and building programs and initiatives.
- Maintain and enhance overall associate relations and job satisfaction through effective communication, fair and consistent treatment, respect for the individual, and establishment of clear expectations and accountability. In an effort to improve overall performance, may be required to administer disciplinary action in a fair and impartial manner as necessary.
- Ensure associate safety through education and training, promoting safety awareness and accountability, and by promptly addressing potential hazards.
- Assists the Director in developing head count budgets making sure sufficient labor is in place to meet the current and future needs of the business. Assists the Director to develop and maintain a rolling 12 month forecast of cases received and cartons shipped to facilitate the proper placement of associates. Ensures that at all time sufficient labor is planned to meet the needs of current and future business.
- Works with Director to revise as needed any training material. Creates training calendars to be conducted to ensure training is in place to meet the needs of the business.
- Conducts interviews of potential associates, Assistant Managers, Managers and Department Managers.
- Ensures that Department Managers, Managers, and Assistant Managers are coaching associates to maintain and exceed assigned RE’s. Leads by example and makes sure that the proper coaching techniques and polices as established are being properly adhered to. Working closely with HR ensures that disciplinary warning and counseling are being administered as required.
- Ensures that all equipment used and the facility is in clean neat proper working order.
- Observes that all PPE and other safety equipment is used properly and is in good working order.
- Ensures that Managers, and Department Managers are coaching Assistant Managers to maintain and exceed assigned RE’s. Leads by example and makes sure that the proper coaching techniques and polices as established are being properly adhered to. Working closely with HR ensures that disciplinary warning and counseling are being administered if required.
- Conducts annual performance reviews within the prescribed time frame. Reviews need to have at least three quantitative and qualitative goals.
- Performs quarterly review of all assigned Department Managers and Managers against goals assigned. Solves problems and makes informed decisions that affect the associates, service, and productivity of his or her assigned area. Provides feedback to Director on associates concerns and works on resolving quickly and amiably.
- Observes and attends daily huddles and weekly meetings, communicates goals, objectives and company directives to Department Managers and Managers in a clear, concise, understandable manner. Provides proactive feedback to meeting facilitators on content and presentation. Ensures proper communications and listening techniques are being used (listening attentively and actively (paraphrasing).
- Utilize effective time management skills in the performance of all assigned tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical, math and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example.
- Demonstrated understanding of WMS (Manhattan preferred but not required)
- Knowledgeable of a direct to consumer fulfillment operation
- Creation implementation and the ability to coach to productivity standards (RE’s).
- Experience in managing Managers and other levels of leadership.
- Knowledge of PC applications (MS Office).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Logistics, or related field and /or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
- 4 to 6 years experience in a manager role.
- Good working knowledge of process improvement processes such as Six Sigma and or LEAN (5S).
- Spanish speaking is a plus but not required.
Ability to maneuver through storage racks, trailers, and other areas of the warehouse. Requires ability to use office equipment including, but not limited to, phone, keyboard monitor, and calculator. Must be able to communicate effectively, both in person and on the telephone. Could be asked to provide physical activity including, but not limited to, sitting, standing, bending, stooping, lifting (up to 50lbs), and walking (up to 80% of the day). Could be asked to operate equipment found in a distribution center environment including, but not limited to, material handling equipment.
Inside average office environment 20% of the time, inside warehouse environment 80% of the time. Depending on location and time of year, extreme high and low temperatures within the building will be experienced. Average noise level within the office environment; noise level within the warehouse are within normal decibel level. No personal protective equipment required.