The Staff Pharmacist contributes to the CHI Health vision and mission by providing assistance to the Supervisor - Pharmacy. The Staff Pharmacist ensures the quality of service and continuity of patient drug therapy and care.
This position contributes to the Mission and Vision of CHI Health by serving as a staff member that coordinates patient care with other team members in the Specialty Pharmacy.
The Staff Pharmacist provides support to the pharmacist supervisor; as well as functioning as an individual contributor within the department. Participates with other pharmacy team members in operationalizing CHI Health Strategic Initiatives and Priorities.
Serves as a role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the Mission, Vision, Pledge and Commitments of CHI Health.
Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct pharmacy services to patients, including compounding, dispensing, counseling and advising.
- Communicates and interacts with hospital staff and physicians in all matters of services and drug therapy as appropriate.
- Maintains professional attitude with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel. Safeguards and retains confidentiality of patient and employee information, using only as needed to perform legitimate duties. Safeguards passwords and other authorizations which allow access to information.
- Inspects inventory to ensure that drugs which are out-dated are removed from stock and replaced.
- Assists to maintain the department in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for pharmacy operation.
- Represents the pharmacy on committees and at meetings, as requested by the Supervisor-Pharmacy and/or Manager – Pharmacy.
- Assists to maintain established department policies, procedures and objectives concerning quality assurance, safety, environmental conditions and infection control.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in department meetings, in-service programs and continuing education programs. Fulfills yearly education requirements as stated by policy.
- Monitors and assists with the utilization and quality improvement surrounding the use of automated technology.
Post graduate experience in patient care is required. Five years experience as a practicing pharmacist is preferred with two years of that experience in a retail, specialty, or disease state specialty setting applicable to specialty pharmacy patients preferred.
A Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or a Pharm D. Current, unrestricted license as a Pharmacist in the state of Nebraska is required and any state in which the pharmacy may operate that require a non-resident licensure (or if the license is restricted, the pharmacy has a process to ensure job functions do not violate the restrictions imposed by the state licensure board.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Requisition Title :-2017-R0137808.