This individual will have product management responsibility for our Lighting Solutions.
As a Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand the dealer's / customer's problems, and find innovative solutions for the market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the saleschannel and key customers.
ITEMIZED DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Determine product direction for the Lighting Products and Solutions.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan for new lighting products / solutions, working with all departments to execute.
- Drive efforts for continual improvement in the products, including bug fixes and enhancements.
NEEDED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience as a Product Manager for lighting control products is a must.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to examine target markets and understand potential go-to-market and growth strategies within those markets.
- Ability to analyze market data and make data driven decisions based on the data
- Ability to extract product / solution needs and requirements through dialogue with customers.
- Ability to set a vision for a product and effectively communicate that vision to the organization.
- 10+ years in a Product Management role with responsibilities over a technical product / software in the lighting control field.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field.
- MBA preferred, but not required.