Manager of Analysis ( Containerboard )
The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest of its kind in the United States and is in the Southwest corner of Georgia. Cedar Springs is just under 30 miles from Dothan, Alabama; 90 and 115 miles respectively from the beautiful beaches of Panama City and Destin, Florida.
This role is a key business support function for the facility. The role creates value for the business by supplying expertise in economic and critical thinking in order to make sound business decisions. Success in this role requires the application of financial models, ability to perform valuation analysis, marginal analyses of competing opportunities, identification of new opportunities, and determining key variables that impact business performance. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work autonomously or in a team setting, and also possess a high degree of creativity and resourcefulness.
This role reports to the Financial Planning & Analysis Leader and will focus primarily on supporting the mill operations’ management teams. In addition, as part of the Containerboard mills’ analytical team, this role works collaboratively with its peers to identify and capture value across the Containerboard mills.
This role offers the opportunity to gain an excellent knowledge of the keydrivers of success in our business and provides the opportunity to learn from all levels of management in one of the largest private companies in America. The knowledge andexperienceprovided by this position provides an excellent platform for future career growth within the company.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Develop value added manufacturing analysis that drives profitable business decisions
- Develop business partnership with customers in area of responsibility
- Develop facility spending and process costing analysis
- Development & quantification of actionable insights – based upon spending and process costing analysis or evaluation of current as well as proposed business strategies
- Utilize detailed financial models to quantify the value of product innovations, capital, and direct material substitutions across a range of business outcomes (sensitivity analyses)
- Actively engage with facility senior leadership regarding the economic and strategic implications of key business decisions
What You Will Need:
Education and Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related Business degree
- At least 5 years of financial analysisexperience
- Experience with / clear understanding of integrated financial systems/general ledgers
- Experience with analysis and financial planning
- Experience with marginal and incremental cost/profit analysis techniques
- Ability to mine and convert data into meaningful information through leveraging software and other state of the art tools
- Knowledge of economic principles and marginal analysis
- Requires strong customer focus and sense of urgency
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Proactive/self-driven work habits with demonstrated ability to lead change and improve processes
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel - spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data analysis/manipulation and formula creation, etc., Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint – presentation creation/editing) is required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with financial modeling for capital projects is preferred