What part will you play?
The Project Manager reports to the Senior Manager of the PMO, and has overall responsibility ofthe logistics, planning and coordination of assigned projects for DMG. The PM will take assignedprojects from inception to completion, handling all logistics, client interaction, vendor coordination,internal communications, work flow scheduling and billing. The PM works closely with theProgram Manager, the Sales Lead, and/or Executive management to take direction on specific tasks and accountabilities that will support project success. While the PM is required tocommunicate with the client, they are accountable for the project at hand, not overall accountstatus. The position involves coordination of the Sales, Engineering and installation teams, in-house fabrication and on-site project work with Field Logistics teams.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Project Manager include the following:
· Multiple levels of management, coordination and planning:
· Coordinate with IT engineering to ensure that the project has adequate Engineering resourcesto meet the project deadlines
· Coordinate with AV engineering to ensure that the project is meeting all specifications, and he/she will review and approve any equipment changes from the bill of materials that the lead engineer may require to build the project
· Coordinate with the purchasing team to ensure that all equipment items have been ordered, andto track the delivery in order to meet project deadlines
· Make sure that the project has the site supervision and technicians needed to complete theproject on schedule.
· Coordinate with the Program Manager and / or sales team on any changes to the project that may impact final project cost and/or project schedule
· Creation and / or review of project quotes for existing clients
· Effectively communicate project status with the teams and client on a regular basis, and/or as needed.
· Create project plans where applicable and ensure that deadlines are met
· Track the progress of projects, ensuring that they are staying within budget and meeting client expectations.
· Responsible for following the DMG Project Lifecycle, completing all necessary forms and communications in an effort to ensure a smooth project process
· Responsible for submitting project invoicing to the accounting department.
· Responsible for tracking project costing throughout the project and escalating any cost issues tomanagement, program management or the sales lead for the client.
· Responsible for any additional paperwork or forms which may be part of projects requirements that are often established by the general contractor or owner
· Foster an effective and productive team environment
· Oversee and provide guidance for Project Coordinators
· Perform Project Coordinator functions as needed
· Work with engineering to ensure there is a proper project hand-off to the NOC
What do we require from you?
· Minimum two years Project Management experience
· Ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized and efficient manner
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong communication skills – verbal, face-to-face and by phone, and written – for both internaland external interaction
· Knowledge of all Microsoft productivity products – Outlook, Excel, Word, Project (preferred) – and strong technical aptitude to learn new IT programs
· Strong writing and process skills to support the development of new procedures and standard operations policies
· Experience and strong familiarity with remote Project Managing system service and installationswith outsourced labor, vendors and contractors
· Strong knowledge of AV, IT and construction integration practices and standards or related experience preferred
· Creating budgets and estimating experience a plus
· International logistics and AV integration experience a plus