Provides evaluation, engineering/design and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements. Provides escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 engineers.
Demonstrates creativity and takes initiative in problem solving. Resolves or facilitates resolution of complex problems for assigned program.
Has a thorough and comprehensive mastery of supported platforms/products and environments.
Focuses the majority of time on complex engineering, architectural and implementation tasks.
Project assignments are large in scope and are highly complex.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Dignity Health end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of Dignity IT
- Perform daily production support activities
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all environments
- Lead projects associated to the enhancement, upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing technology solutions.
- Coordinate implementation and support efforts between IT Operations and other Dignity IT teams.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Provide oversight and facilitation of the Dignity IT change management process as it applies to the IT Operations team.
- Review, recommend and monitor the source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines
- Provide technical leadership and ownership of issues across multiple disciplines and technologies
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all IT Operations platforms
- With oversight from the System Engineering Lead and Operations Manager(s), initiate and facilitate strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development)
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
- Identify technical innovation and process improvement opportunities.
- Design and implement a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning program.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics.
- Demonstrate potential leadership qualities through team motivation, coaching, and mentoring.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge & expertise with Dignity business processes and routines.
- Research and recommend appropriate System Administration best practices
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- 6-10 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required.
- Ability to develop and organize written documentation and procedures is required.
- Demonstrates a customer service approach to service delivery and effectively communicates with our customers on requests and incidents.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced work environment.
- Team player will work close in team environment.
- 7+ years’ experience with Windows Server operating systems is required.
- 6+ years of experience in Exchange support operations, analysis and design in a large, multi-site IT organization.
- 1+ yearexperience with PowerShell and/or VB Script.
- 3+ years VMWare experiencerequired
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL server.
- 3 + years’ experience with Archiving Solution.
- Proven knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and WINS in a large enterprise organization.
- Knowledge of networking hardware infrastructure and principles.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving from inception to completion.
Job ID 2017-35712