Position is for a senior level electrical and instrumentation engineer capable of determining specific client requirements and acquiring detailed understanding of the project electrical and instrumentation design requirements, schedule, and deliverables. This position requires that the incumbent have the ability to originate E/I designs while supervising other engineers. It requires senior level experience and familiarity with materials and equipment associated with natural gas pipeline facilities including, compressor stations, mainline valve sites, regulator and meter stations, storage facilities and pipelines. The incumbent will also have extensive engineering experience on petroleum liquids pumping facilities, tank facilities, terminals and pipelines.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Familiarity with applicable codes such as NFPA 70, 70E, 497, AGA 3, 9, and XF0277, API RP 500, NEMA MG 1-2006, ICS 7.1-2006, etc.
- Evaluate client requirements and write design basis and scope of E/I work.
- Cost-benefit analysis for competing E/I solutions resulting in robust, cost effective designs.
- Provide hands-on electrical/instrumentation engineering while mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Preparation of various station studies/calculations including electrical system load studies, short-circuit analysis, relay coordination, arc flash studies, motor starting system dynamics, harmonics analysis, ground fault analysis, and other calculations such as lighting level, heat trace, voltage drop, conduit fill, etc.
- Contribute to the refinement of E/I departmental procedures and company specifications as a member of Senior E/I leadership team.
- Utilizes specific software packages including ETAP, SKM, Easy Power, etc. for electrical system modeling and scenario studies.
- Prepares material requisitions including development of equipment specifications and instrumentation data sheets.
- Contributes to the development of client proposals and project cost estimates.
- Engineering/design of power generating systems for standby, peek shaving and co-generation. Engineering/design of medium and low voltage facility power distribution, including substation, service, switchgear, relay protection MCC's, VFD's, motor starters, lighting, grounding, hazardous area wiring methods, etc.
- Engineering/design of instrumentation systems for facility/pipeline measurement and control, including field instruments, control valves, pressure safety devices, station/unit control, emergency systems control, alarm/security systems, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from accredited college or university.
- Minimum experience required is 10 years.
- Professional Engineering License is required
- California PE is a plus.
- Requires excellent oral communication skills in English.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in speech and writing to other team members and client personnel.
- Mathematical skills that are required for completion of a Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Able to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Able to make decisions on specific project items which will promote the achievement of overall project objectives.
- Able to view problems form many different sides to develop the best overall solution.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to supervise and manage subordinate engineers and CADD personnel.
- Ability to work flexible hours, occasionally in excess of a normal 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. schedule.
- Ability to travel freely within the United States and internationally as dictated by project requirements