Maximizing Southern Wine and Spirits market share and sales opportunities by promoting product growth and providing development, management, and account direction for assigned accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and demonstrate fine wine and spirits knowledge within a set geographic region to increase sales among high profile restaurants and retail accounts.
- Make regular sales calls to designated accounts to cultivate customer relations and satisfaction with service provided.
- Partner with multiple sales divisions in the accounts to increase wine and spirits sales and act as a liaison with customers regarding selections and placements.
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items and the expansion of business.
- Monitor out of stocks by chain and address appropriately through chain headquarters and sales force.
- Keep sales force appraised of authorized products, promotions and pricing in respective chains.
- Build/develop templates and workbooks to effectively communicate pricing changes to respective chain accounts.
- Responsible for coordinating pricing, programming, ad space and product allocations for chain accounts.
- Exhibit discipline and resourcefulness to meet/exceed assigned monthly quotas and placement objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings and on-site training to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Maintain authorization list for multiple chain accounts in addition to achieving new product distribution.
- Educate account staff through preparation and performance of on-site training for clients.
- Create, coordinate, and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts. (e.g., wine maker dinners, product launches, and tastings).
- Present self with integrity, professionalism and commitment to Southern Wine & Spirits salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned and contribute to the success of the department and function at Southern Wine & Spirits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline and 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Comprehensive understanding of wine to include major wine regions/varietals, wine/food pairing techniques, basic production, and wine service
- Stay apprised of federal, provincial and local laws affecting the beverage/alcohol industry within account responsibility
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization
- Knowledge of various types of customers and ability to analyze customer activities, profiles and information
- Goal oriented, focused, and assertive individual who needs little direction or supervision
- Proficient at calculating commissions, percentages, and reviewing comparative sales data for analysis
- Adaptable and can assist a variety of internal customer groups and varying personality types
- Thrive on creating and selling innovative ideas and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
- Effective communication skills to present information, interpret and respond appropriately to different audiences
- Work flexible hours (peak season)
- Ability to possess vehicle
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel as needed
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Job ID TOR00000032