Equipment Finance Sales Officer III
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
The Equipment Finance Sales Officer III is responsible for creating and executing a marketing plan to achieve a specific
target volume objective within one of TD Bank’s Markets. This job develops new equipment finance business via internal
referral sources as well as external business contacts in accordance with TDEF procedures and regulatory guidelines. The Equipment Finance Sales Officer III achieves a determined percentage of sales volume from direct prospecting, calling on prospects of TD Bank, maintaining an internal referral network, as well as working from a prospect list ofspecific SIC codes. This job also gathers prospect financial and general business information, provides support and assistance to credit decision process and communicates with prospects to close sales.
· Identifies, structures, and closes leases and other equipment finance transactions with TD Bank Customers and prospects.
· Develops new leasing business independently, meeting with larger and more complex prospects in a designated region to a larger sales goal with an increasing emphasis on developing business from outside contacts.
· Makes prospect calls independently to sell leasing services and cross sell other Company products and services.
· Gathers prospect financial and general business information independently for larger and more complex accounts. Explains wide array of leasing alternatives and guides prospects to best choices based on leasing experience, understanding and individual prospect situations. Answers questions and follows up on information requests; compiles necessary information to begin financial analysis.
· Provides support and assistance to credit decision process and communicates credit decisions to Customers. Negotiates
specific lease terms and conditions for more complex leases within parameters defined by credit decisions. Finalizes lease agreements with prospects and closes sales.
· Prepares more in-depth management reports summarizing leasing activity.
· Uses Lease Pricing Software to structure Tax Leases and utilizes a Call Reporting System to track lease sales activities.
· Employs the various lease products (i.e. FMV Leases, Capital Leases, TRAC Leases Off Balance Sheet Leases, Municipal Leases, etc) to meet the leasing needs of the client.
· Markets the Leasing products internally to Bank lenders and other TD Bank product partners.
· Monitors status of current lease portfolio to ensure conformity with terms; ensures necessary documentation is completed and forwarded for processing; coordinates with operations and processing areas to ensure lease payments are collected and recorded.
· 4 Year Degree or equivalent experience
· 7-10+ Years of related EF experience
· In-depth understanding of leasing business development techniques.
· Proven business development track record of outperforming goals.
· Ability to conceptualize and implement effective new business strategies.
· Extensive network of outside referral sources for new business.
· Very strong credit and financial analysis skills.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Incumbent should be able to operate from various locations within a specific TD Bank market.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Previous experience with lease pricing software.
· Strong knowledge of factors affecting Tax Leases
· Strong knowledge of off balance sheet lease accounting.