Cobham is seeking a Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer to work as part of our dynamic development team to advance plant-wide Continuous Improvement objectives at our Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will serve as a change agent and assist management by studying and sharing best practices with other teams and by leading teams and projects using a variety of Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Build a Continuous Improvement program across all Value Streams, incorporating the concepts of Standard Operating Framework (SOF), Excellence in Delivery (EiD), Root Cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventive Action.
- Utilize advanced Continuous Improvement methodologies such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, etc.
- Develop Continuous Improvement toolkit and operating fundamentals.
- Drive Kaizen events and continuous improvement efforts.
- Improve customer satisfaction by helping the division reduce cost and lead-time while improving quality and service.
- Work closely with Quality teams to identify adverse trends and systemic issues in order toensure accurate root-cause analyses and to determine areas of culpability. Develop actions tofocus programs on these areas to drive measurable improvement.
- Work closely with Quality teams to ensure an appropriate level of guidance is provided inprocedures and work instructions to institutionalize Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Work closely with Training resources to train and motivate associates in the use and implementation of Continuous Improvement principles.
- Advance program through necessary evolution to drive a true Continuous Improvement culture and engrain associated behaviors in the organization.
- Reduce waste and drive best practices across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement efforts using Lean process methods and tools, across multiple functions of the business
- 6+ years of experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- 6+ years of experience participating in Continuous Improvement projects
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled byexport laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Finance.
- 3-5+ years’ experience leading Continuous Improvement efforts using Six-Sigma process methods and tools, across multiple functions of the business.
- Successful project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate to diverse teams and functions.
- Demonstrated effective and professional presentation techniques and skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, and motivation skills.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and to take a proactive and aggressive goal-setting approach in developing a Lean culture.
- Comfortable working with multiple departments.