The DSP Applications Engineer (AE) will be responsible for supporting dealers and consultants in the proper design, installation and commissioning of Bose Professional ControlSpace DSP products.
The audio conferencing market will be the primary focus for this position. A strong knowledge of the conference market, including VoIP system set-up and conference room commissioning for audio conferencing is required.
The AE will be responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation. Based on interaction with Dealers and the technical support team the AE will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing training and documentation needs.
The AE will handle advanced technical designs and problems and be required to interface with dealers, consultants, end users, as well as the product development team. The DSP AE must be able to work independently taking full responsibility for deadlines.
- Be a technical expert on Bose Professional products and technologies for the purpose of system design, installation, and technical support.
- Learn the entire Bose Professional product line and be able to clearly communicate the features & benefits of each.
- Become an expert in ControlSpace Designer/Remote programming and application
- Be able to independently commission conferencing systems
- Support Pro Technical Support Team
- Provide Tier 2 support for ControlSpace related technical support questions
- Provide training and technical assistance to further the knowledge of the technical support team.
- Interface with the product development team to identify and solve product issues
- Review content developed by the support team for posting to online knowledgebase
- Develop content for online knowledgebase
- Assist in the delivery and maintenance of customer facing content for ControlSpace training program Integral contributor to the sales process from pre-sales site surveys to in-person customer design presentations. Interface with dealers, consultants, and end-users as well as the product development team.
- Design, program, and commission DSP’s, control systems, and other processing equipment as required for an installation.
This person will have a proven track record (3-5 years) of professional audio systems design and commissioning with a focus in the audio conference market. It is strongly desirable that they have installation experience directly or hands on in a role as project manager or systems engineer.
- Communication, both written and oral
- Collaboration- teamwork with technical support group, sales reps, sales engineers, management, and product development
- Time management, ability to keep time, quality and deadline commitments.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and meet targets
- Programming of professional audio DSP units
- Experience with control system programming (Crestron, AMX or similar).
- CAD software (AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, or similar), is desirable, but not required
- Commissioning software (Systune, Smaart, or similar), is desirable