Works under the supervision of the Channel Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Channel Manager will be responsible for recruiting, training and motivating TPx agents to secure new revenue with business customers.
- The Channel Manager is responsible for initial and ongoing sales training and strategic planning.
- Recruit new agents to sign agent agreements with TPx
- Assist agents to create, present and close opportunities with potential customers.
- Train agents on products, order process, support procedures, portals, commissions and pricing.
- Provide ongoing agent channel management by tracking productivity, making program modifications when necessary and forecasting.
- Securing monthly sales, implementing salespromotions and launching new products services.
- Communicate contract terms to channel partners. Ensure that all new agreements are properly executed.
- Provide accurate weekly and monthly forecasting and sales funnels to management
- Adhere to all policies and procedures outlined by Human Resources, Sales Operations and Market.
- Provide ongoing communication of product, process or policy changes to your assigned agents.
- As necessary, trouble shoot and communicate issues to various internal departments for resolution
- Offer our agents exemplary response to all forms of communication via phone, email or fax.
- Providing competitive feedback to sales management and marketing on a consistent basis.
- Attend meetings as requested to assist in the development of our products and channel direction.
- Relevant Quantitative Dimensions
- Weekly prospecting / activity goals
- Sales quota attainment validated and billed
- Proven successful performance in a sales position with the ability to close and cement sales
- Proven track record of selling multiple products to customers and sales performance achievement in past positions
- Proven track record with being able to work with all departments to promote sales, assist in provisioning or resolve customer issues.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years sr. telecom salesexperience and contacts within the telecom agent community
- Ability to drive personal or company vehicle is an essential function of this position in accordance with company policy.
- Must attend all requested sales, product, training classes or seminars.
- Always accurately represent the Company and products in a professional manner.
- Work with Sales Operations to resolve customer and Channel Partner related issues
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent work experience.
- 5 years salesexperience working within the Telecommunications industry
- Minimum of 3 years salesexperience working within the Agent Channel either for a carrier or Telecom Agency
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Must have a clean DMV with a maximum of 3 points
- No DUIs within the past 3 years
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Management experience and with higher education
- Will be required to drive for customer prospecting and appointments (52% of job).
- Must have a clean DMV with a maximum of 3 points on driving record
- No DUIs within the past 3 years
- Ability to drive is an essential function of this position. Drivers with a suspended or revoked driver’s license are subject to disciplinary action up to and including separation of employment.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must be able to sit for extended amounts of time in a vehicle traveling to and from customer appointments. They will be required to enter and exit their vehicles several times a day requiring them to squat and bend several times a day.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.