The Flanders site has significantly expanded the manufacturing operations and is in the process of migrating and developing complex diagnostics instruments that will be manufactured in the new facility. This change brings exciting growth and opportunities within the operations and supply chain areas.
To help us meet the challenge, we are opening a new position for a Senior Procurement Manager. Reporting to the Head of Procurement & Planning at Flanders, this key position is responsible for the management activities interface and drive planning, inventory, capacity, demands, logistics, product changes orders and create efficient lean materials management techniques. This individual will be responsible to lead the procurement team, provide day-to-day leadership and management support to the procurement team and work on driving towards “SMART” Inventory Buying philosophy. This individual will be responsible to develop the team and hire appropriate managers and buyers to support the on-going needs for the business. The role will provide results driven leadership to the purchasing, and inventory departments coordinating all procurement activities to ensure that cost and value-added requirements are met. He/she serves as the procurement leader, decision-maker, and influencer to our Suppliers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing performance targets in order to ensure excellent procurement performance
- This position is responsible for coordinating with the business modeling and sourcing functions that will analyze future production needs and capabilities and will alert Senior Management to short-term and long-term supplier capacity issues. Cost escalation will occur if these limitations are not identified in advance so capital expansion plans can be approved and implemented with the suppliers.
- Must understand commercial strategies for the Business Unit/Region to direct procurement efforts in support of cost savings, risk strategies and new product launches
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to tracking cost savings, supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Manage all activities that develop relationships with suppliers. Working with suppliers and develop programs to maintain an ideal relationship
- Evaluate team capability and organization structure and make necessary change to align with business needs, drive performance and establish best-practice processes.
- Manage procurement teams with an annual spend of $50 million and mentor the group’s purchasing professionals (over 18 individuals).
- Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement.
- Work with operations teams to help manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
- Provides support to R&D, strategic procurement team and Operations teams where required to meet target costs and establish new product cost models.
- 7+ years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing, with at least 2-4 recent years within the medical, automobile, heavy machinery manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following commodities – plastic, HLA’s, sheet metal, PCBs
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, Business Administration or equivalent business experience
- NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM) certification, a plus
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs
- Working knowledge and understanding of SAP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to coordinate between multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Self-starter and high-energy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Purchasing
- Previous experience with Direct Materials
- Manufacturing experience is highly sought after
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinker
- Disciplined with attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Familiarity to Microsoft Office, SAP ET2000, ETKA
Operational procurement, procurement manager, manufacturing, medical device, SAP,