What does it take to achieve success in this role?
• ‘In-it-to-win-it’ attitude and work style.
• Disciplined and action-oriented approach to selling and time management.
• Solid understanding of decision impact on growth & profitability of Bausch + Lomb and customers.
• Leader in understanding our customers and their needs to drive business.
• Self-starter, outgoing, upbeat and looking for a career not just another job.
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer’s and companies financial data, business models & profit drivers, and can evaluate sales strategies in light of ultimate financial impact on company.
• Demonstrated experience in pre-call planning and identification of all likely outcomes to address customer concerns. Be familiar with physician segmentation to understand their motivations. Make account trust that you are someone who can help them.
• By 6 months, lead sales conversation with doctors by challenging and persuading them to change their lens fitting habits. Build agreement at each point in the sales process and proactively remove barriers. Close for action.
• Persistence to adapt approach to meet and exceed business objectives when faced with an obstacle or a customer concern.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive, ethical customer relationships.
• Strong planning and organizing skills; treats the territory as a business; creates a plan for the territory and executes tactics to achieve goals; considers required investment and financial impact in developing customer strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to be proficient with company technology devices (Laptop, iPad, iPhone, etc.) for territory management and product orders.
Vision Care New Hire Sales Training Program Summary
All candidates for positions available in the US Vision Care sales organization need to be aware of the time & travel commitment they will need to make to ensure proper training priorto accepting a position within Bausch + Lomb. There will be an approximately 10-15 week period during which the trainee may be asked to:
- Attend a 2 week new hire training course in Bridgewater, NJ
- Attend at least 1 National Sales Meeting (1 week in length)
- Co-Travel with a Field Sales Trainer and a Field Mentor (approximately 3-4 weeks total sometime during the 15 week program. Need for flights and overnight travel will vary depending on geography)
- Attend any Regional meetings as scheduled and requested by the Regional Business Director
Bausch + Lomb is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
- College or University graduate
- 3+ years salesexperience.
- Ability to deliver effective sales presentations
- Ability to problem solve and close
- Strong analytical skills necessary.
- Computer skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license to travel to customer locations (some overnights may be required)
Job ID 9319