Senior Director, Product Management
Product Management Marietta, Georgia
Steng Talent Solution’s (Sterling) Product Management team provides the technology and automation that powers the industry’s largest global background screening service provider.
As the Senior Director, Product Management for Fulfillment Applications, your primary customer would be Sterling’s Operations team. You will be required to drive strategy, be a catalyst for change, and act with a high degree of ownership. As the product leader, you will be responsible for the end-to-end success of your fulfillment services from initiation through delivery. This position requires a passion for leading a team, collaborating with product managers and team members, and impelling and aligning our internal customers across the organization.
The mission of Sterling’s Fulfillment Product Management team, is to provide Sterling’s Global Operations team the platform and services that maintain and accelerate our ability to deliver the industry’s highest levels of quality, performance and operational efficiency. This will be managed through investment in the simplification of our platform and services, expansion of our portfolio of cloud-based services, launch of our next generation fulfillment platform, and continual development and investment in our people.
- Business leader with a strong software engineering background.
- Owning and defining the vision, strategy and cost justifications assessments that arerequired to successfully gain support for Sterling’s fulfillment-based application initiatives.
- Introducing and championing both the use of new technologies and process reengineering that directly increases the level of automation within each of the fulfillment business areas.
- Working closely with the Engineering team to define, document, and prioritize requirements[.
- Making concise decisions to provide the Engineering team with direction, and ensuring the delivery of the roadmap and business results.
- Developing and managing the resulting application roadmap; execution of the life-cycle of new operational applications.
- Managing the governance of the application roadmap; proactively identifying and resolving strategic issues that may impair the Product Management team’s ability to meet commercial goals.
- Competency in prioritization of projects and goals.
- Ability to communicate distinctly and exhibit strong judgment skills.
- Maintaining deep technological expertise that synthesizes the Operations team’sneeds and insights into solutions.
- Create buy-in for the solution roadmap both internally and with key external partners.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and implement trends in the Cloud, (specifically Amazon Web Service cloud), into the design of our products and solutions, aligning with the latest cloud strategy.
- Leading a team that is recognized as the preeminent expert, within Sterling, on fulfillment applications.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Driven team leader; must have the passion to lead, comfortable with ambiguity, upping the team’s “game” and see initiatives through, from start to finish.
- Ability to influence and achieve alignment throughout Sterling’s teams.
- Articulate an appealing vision for the future.
- Strong communication skills, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with strong attention to detail and to synthesize a coherent analysis and recommendation from multiple sources.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment and business landscape; successfully deal with ambiguity and embrace challenges.
- Self-starter, self-managing, action and result oriented.
- Capable of executing short-term (tactical) and long-term (strategic) plans - define and translate a vision into an actionable plan.
- Develop loyalty and commitment in others by communicating high expectations, developing and mentoring direct reports, and setting an example in one’s behavior.
- Broad, overall systems and software knowledge required, with technical depth in: Cloud-based models and business applications, and modern virtualized infrastructures.
- Experienceapplying machine intelligence to business problems - tools that range from, but are not limited to, artificial intelligence frameworks that drive machine learning, natural language processing to even cognitive computing.
WORK AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline, MBA highly desirable
- 5+years of professional experience in a technical expertise
- 3+ years of operations-facing software product management experience
- Industry knowledge is a plus