Brokers International [“BI”] is one of the nation’s largest and longest standing insurance marketing organizations, delivering fully integrated insurance, retirement, and wealth management solutions to 25 agencies and 2500 independent agents in 49 states. At BI, our passion is to help our partners succeed. We do this every day with industry leading marketing solutions, product support, and back office operations. We are a strategic growth accelerator for our partners.
Under the leadership of new CEO Mark Williams, BI is making significant investments in talent, operations, sales and marketing capabilities, and digital platforms in order to step-change its ability to drive accelerated growth as a strategic partner.
BI’s culture is one of inclusion and passionate teamwork. You will be surrounded by individuals that are passionate about our company, our brand, the level of support we provide our partners, and working as one integrated team. Our core values are Teamwork, Work Ethic, Integrity, and Customer Service. If you are up for the challenge, come join us and be part of taking BI on a new journey of accelerated growth and success.
As the Director of Creative Services, you will be responsible to lead the creative services team to deliver multi-channel communications in support of marketingcampaigns, brand and company communications, and educational content. You will manage intake of project briefs, balance capacity between internal and external copy writers and graphic designers, and manage 3rd party creative agencies and vendors. This role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Establish, align, and maintain a creative support strategy for the company.
- Deliver outstanding and differentiating content in support of the marketingcampaigns and executions for consumer, agent, and wholesaler marketing on time and on budget.
- Direct the design and production of content including web, social media, emails, direct mail, print, video, brochures, and sales materials on time and on budget.
- Manage the intake of design and project briefs and balance capacity between internal and external resources, delivering the best quality and value for the company.
- Establish and align service level agreements and standard delivery times based on talent and capacity.
- Deliver and manage the brand visual guidelines and ensure consistent application across all content and communications. Update, expand, and refine as necessary to drive continual improvement in branding.
- Ultimately responsible for quality, accuracy of content, and consistency of communications.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to understand the needs, intent, and direction of the marketingcampaigns.
- Collaborate with the insights and analytics team to ensure full understanding of relevant insights and the consumer and agent segmentations and targets that will lead to engaging and powerful communications.
- Collaborate with the sales organization to understand sales material needs.
- Coach, develop, direct and manage the creative services team including copywriters and graphic designers.
- Effectively direct and manage external copywriters and graphic designers to supplement internal capacity.
- Effectively direct and manage 3rd party vendors supporting creation and production of content and communications.
- Research and analyze industry trends and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and creative techniques
- Acts as a “working manager” for copy writing and design efforts when necessary.
- Strategic thinker and strategic leader who can engage, enroll, and align others behind their strategies.
- A master copywriter and graphic designer with the ability to create and direct breakthrough and differentiating communications that drive consumer and customer engagement and build brand equity.
- A creative mind with a problem-solving orientation and a passionate desire to understand the consumer and customer state and behavior in order to influence it with communications and content.
- An effective collaborator who knows how to network, manage by influence, and build effective relationships across the marketing capability groups and the company functions, IT, Finance, Sales, etc.
- Comfortable and experienced at engaging with all levels of the organization, including executives.
- An excellent communicator who balances listening with strong, persuasive and clearly articulated points of view. Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly results-oriented; able to work in a multi-task environment, managing multiple priorities while delivering results.
- High energy, with the ability to work within a fast-paced, competitive environment – with a real passion for the business and related challenges.
- Strong business person who thinks about issues from a business perspective; brings strong business and acumen to the role and uses this to complement his/her functional depth.
- Resolves conflicts and facilitates changes in a productive manner; an influencer and someone who engenders trust.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, masterspreferred.
- 8+ years professional experience in this or related field, in roles of increasing responsibility
- Design degree or sufficient work experience in copywriting, design, or creative roles.
- Experience as the functional lead for a creative services team.
- Extensive experience and a track record delivering breakthrough content and communications supporting consumer and customer marketingcampaigns that accelerated growth.
- Past experience in financial services, annuities, and/or insurance a plus.
- Past agency experience managing a creative team a plus
- Significant experience coaching, managing and developing others.
- Relocation to BI headquarters in Des Moines, IA required.