Assistant Actuary, Large Account Auto Pricing - National Insurance
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Advance your actuarial career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Join our community of 600 credentialed actuaries and students. Our actuaries enjoy intellectual challenge, rewarding work and positions of respect. They perform critical pricing, underwriting, reserving, and research assignments, and they are key contributors to special projects, including mergers and acquisitions, capital allocation, and enterprise risk management. Our actuaries develop and apply state-of-the-art techniques and sophisticated models to a wide variety of business problems. Once credentialed, our actuaries continue to expand their skills by working in multiple business units throughout their careers. They work not only in traditional actuarial roles in personal and commercial lines, but in product management and other areas of the company that require a combination of technical expertise and practical business decision-making.
National Insurance Pricing is looking for an Assistant Actuary to incorporate advanced actuarial and statistical methodologies in their Auto pricing models. In this role, you will perform complex analysis associated with building and enhancing auto pricing applications that assist making business decisions, financial planning, and strategy development. You will partner closely with a variety of internal customers, including underwriting teams, actuarial groups, IT and other stakeholders and subject matter experts. This position requires a highly organized, self-motivated individual with strong technical as well as verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must also have superior analytical and problem solving skills and experience managing complex projects.
- Seek improvements to current processes and techniques
- Provide strategic input on pricing methods to increase pricing sophistication
- Provide training and insights necessary to support the effective use of pricing models
- Facilitate cross-functional work between pricing, underwriting and systems, particularly within the development of the new pricing system iUnderwrite
- Mentor, motivate, and train less experienced staff and peers
- Maintain status in Actuarial Student Development Program
- Minimum 3–5 years relevant experience required.
- Passing grades on a minimum of 7 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required; ACAS preferred.
- Commitment to achieving Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS).
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Strong data manipulation skills including the ability to query, consolidate, and test for reasonability desired.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and interact effectively with others within and outside the organization. Ability to give effective training and presentations to senior management and other groups.
- Desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, responding to business demands and a changing marketplace.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates
- Strong MS Office Excel and SAS skills required; Ability to build complex models.