Hill-Rom is a $2.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
JOB SUMMARY: The duties of the Field Service Engineer position are to provide warranty, contract and fee for service support to our established system install base in the healthcare environment. Other duties include, but are not limited to Move, Add/Change, as well as, supplemental implementation responsibilities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure that system hardware and software are functioning optimally per customer expectations.
- Resolve operational issues in a variety of hardware/software solutions at client sites using established troubleshooting techniques.
- Perform on callresponsibilities per specified schedule, or as otherwise prescribed by the supervisor.
- Fulfill administrative/documentation requirements relative to all Service and Implementation activities.
- Foster and enhance customer relationships in local area of responsibility.
- Perform system preventive maintenance services per protocol.
- Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained, while considering business unit goals and fiscal responsibilities.
- Supplement new system implementations and perform move, add /change services to existing systems.
- Work individually or cross-functionally to reach positive outcomes relative to system/product related issues.
- Maintain network and server documentation as required by protocol.
- Act as a technical liaison with all business partners and internal/external Hill-Rom stakeholders.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach towards safety, health, and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer regulations.
- Ability to meet requirements of all credentialing entities, (i.e., Vendormate, RepTrax, VCS)
- Provide continuous improvement feedback both written and verbal to enhance products and processes.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures. Effectively implement service policies and procedures to support company objectives, including service documentation, SOP/WI training, expense reporting, maintenance of test equipment and filing and record keeping systems in accordance with standard work.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- This position requires a BS in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience in a multi-site, professional services firm supporting non-technical users.
- Minimum 3 years networkinfrastructureexperience.
- Experience configuring, setting up and servicing PC-based systems.
- Preferred telephony experience.
- Experience in networksecurity.
- Preferred certification in: CCNA, CCNE, CNE, MCSE, MCDBA, Security +, A+, Network +
- Broad understanding of deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows platforms, inclusive of Windows2000, 2003, and 2008), SQL 2000, 2005, and 2008, IIS server and associated networked systems.
- 3 years minimum experience in a field service related environment, with a proven track record.
- Candidates should possess strong oral, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels with our internal and external customers.
- Maintain a professional image and demonstrates ability to assimilate at all levels.
- Strong organization skills, detail orientation and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Possess ability to work through escalated issues in an effort to resolve them in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrated expertise in client/server networking environments and best practices.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel extensively and on short notice.
- Understanding of project management fundamentals.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables with limited supervision and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in the healthcare environment preferred.
Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following areas and a working knowledge in most areas:
- SQL/Scripting/Reporting Engines/Analytics (SAS, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Wireless - Enterprise level/managednetworks
- IR/RF Principles
- Networking (TCP/IP, Routing and Switching, Subnetting, Security, DNS/DHCP)
- Enterprise level hardware (Server/Client OS, SANS, RAID)
- Telephony (PBX/VOIP)
- Middleware (Rhapsody, Emergin, Connexall, etc.)
- Experience with design and drawings
- Microsoft Office suite experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that the physical requirement is an essential job function and the applicant is unable to perform such function with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license